Another proposed protected area for Northumberland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another proposed protected area for Northumberland

The below map is for the new proposed Special Protection Area in Northumberland and is out for consultation now. This is another European Directive and you will note it goes up all the Estuaries this time.

Again complex, but boat/shore anglers need to have a say or they will be ignored and possible management measures bought in in years to come.

Methinks the UK can look after it's own waters without any further EU influence. I confess to being un-decided about the 2017 in/out referendum but this sort of thing could tip the balance for my "out" vote

Comment

Conservation

Tony Blair signed eu agreement in 2000 on returning rivers etc to the way they were called the European water framework directive so this is a follow on to that so after the floods caused by no dredgeing of rivers and this is why I will vote to be out of Europe

Comment

Originally posted by rossi46 View Post
        Tony Blair signed eu agreement in 2000 on returning rivers etc to the way they were called the European water framework directive so this is a follow on to that so after the floods caused by no dredgeing of rivers and this is why I will vote to be out of Europe
        As a working class man, the Labour party has a lot to answer for.

Comment

Mcz

Mainly the Marine and Coastal Access Act 2009 Dave that gave the powers to create Marine Conservation Zones.

Comment

Working...
          X