Sole invade the North Sea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sole invade the North Sea

Another story about sea global warming ?? Any one caught a Sole in Northumberland ?

Cod has had its chips as sole invades North Sea

Originally posted by loopy View Post
    Another story about sea global warming ?? Any one caught a Sole in Northumberland ?

Cod has had its chips as sole invades North Sea
    one or two caught on tynemouth pier every year common sole round about two to two and a half pounds. davy
    PB
    COD 21-15-0 Tynemouth pier R/M match
    COD 20-4-0 Sharpness, Tynemouth open
    Ballan Wrasse 5-6-0 Seahouses summer league
    Pollock 11-5-8 ST Abbs Spinning sandeel
    Dogfish 2-15-14 Tynemouth pier match R/M
    Coaly 3-5-8 Tynemouth pier match r/m
    Cod =, Coaly, Whiten, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Gurnard, Weaver, Rockling, Pouting, Wrasse, Mackerel, Sea scorpion, all of tynemouth pier

Comment

The guys at Boulmer used to get them in their nets 30 odd years ago Les and were probably catching them long before that....But if it gives the government the excuse to stick anohter £300 on the leccy and gas bill every year, then let it not get in the way of a good story.
      Last edited by Red5; 27-09-2011, 11:02 AM.
      "And I looked, and behold'a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was death, and hell followed with hi, and power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword and with hunger, and with the beasts of the earth"

Comment

I caught 2 off blyth pier about 5 year ago and 1 at eyemouth 2 year ago, only small ones about 1/2lb.

Comment

i had 2 from longsands tynemouth about 1 to 2lb on warm summers evening a few years back and 1 from tynemouth peir about 2lb all on ragworm, ive heard of a few seaton sluice jim

Comment

strange my m8 caught a 4lber last night from the walkway at ssheilds in side of it was 2 small soles and 2 other small flatties dabs jim.

Comment

Myself and scotty(the viking)caught 2 soles on Tuesday from shields pier,they were a canny size.thought he was taking the mick at first when he called me over then i got one as well a first for me

Comment

sole in the north see

Ihavnt caught a cod this year never mind a sole but really if the sole are about its better catching something rather than nothing.dont you think so.i will still keep trying for that elusive cod but even if i have to go out in the boats over the wrecks i will not be beaten ha-ha

Comment

I caught a lemon sole (18 cms) off Tynemouth North Pier during a club match about 4 weeks ago. Being new to fishing I had to ask the older members what I'd caught and they hadn't seen one for years, saying it preferred deeper water. Needless to say I returned it and hopefully will see it again in a few years when it's a lot bigger!! In my dreams!

Comment

took a dover sole off ssp at the end of august this year... pic in my album....

Comment

I had this one a few weeks back in a celadon club match
                      Goal for 2012 a 30lber
                      http://www.bullrushlake.com/

Comment

loverly to eat
                        did eeerrrr ya snap it off like?thats a shame teeeheeeeheeeheeee and take your rubbish home and dont be a meth

Comment

trigger fish have been caught up north also
                          DAD AND DAUGHTER
                          TEAM DENOVAN

Comment

Working...
                          X