Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will this country ever do anything about fish stocks ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will this country ever do anything about fish stocks ?

it really pigs me off when i see whats happening to our fishing fleet ,well whats left of it ,last year i watched on the evening news about a fella who had been fishing all his life ,like his father also ,he wanted to hand over the trawler to his son ,to keep the family tradition and the poxy goverment would not allow him to do so ,instead they ordered that the trawler be scrapped !!!! thus putting a few more lads out of work and a family buisness down the tube.But they allow the spanish etc to come and trawl less than a 100 yds of our beaches ,its a friggin disgrace .a riend went on holiday last year to spain and in the local market he spied a bin full of undersized fish ,bass ,codling etc about the size of your finger some ,he tried to take a pic but was muscled out and the fish bin was covered over ......
    The fellas in norway and iceland have the right idea ,keeping everyone out of their waters and are now still reaping the rewards

As a bairn (when my dad and granda had their boats) I remember watching the trawler blockage of the Tyne over this sh*t. Back then the gut used to be full to overflowing with trawlers. I doubt there would be enough trawlers to blockage the gut now

Right behind you regarding Iceland and Norway mate. It\'s our heritage and up to us to protect it for future generations. As an island we need to protect whats precious to us.
    www.robadairpetcare.uk

Comment

aye rob ,ive just got back from australia about 3 months ago ,out there they believe it or not are already worried about their fish stocks ,and they have size limits for different areas ,also in their supermkts they sell that hoki which comes from new zeland ,its over here too in the uk ,now when they depleted all the hoki what next >?another deep water fish that no ones heard of !! and they mustbe damaging the sea beds draggin for these fish ,just annoys the hell out of me .................................

Comment

Working...
      X