leazes park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leazes park

Hello all. I'm seriously interested in starting freshwater fishing. I've done a bit of fly fishing here and there and a little coarse fishing when I've been down flamingo land with my parents when I was kid. Also fished marden quarry when I was a lad but just caught little perch lol.
    So with my limited experience in this game I am asking what is the best way to approach leazes for carp ? I would be interested in tench and bream as I've had some experience with these. Also is there pike in there ? The main thing I am interested in is the carp though. Any info will be most appreciated.

many thanks in advance chaps.
    Last edited by topbanana; 30-07-2013, 05:25 PM. Reason: to many 'also's'
    Regards Nicky.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

would it be worth joining a club
    AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

mate leazes parks not to bad on a day ticket but don't join the club join big waters in stead you get to fish dissington in ponteland, big waters in wideopen, marden quarry in shields, and a section of the river tyne plus theres high stand up towards bramton carlise

Comment

Originally posted by desertdog View Post
        mate leazes parks not to bad on a day ticket but don't join the club join big waters in stead you get to fish dissington in ponteland, big waters in wideopen, marden quarry in shields, and a section of the river tyne plus theres high stand up towards bramton carlise
        Do big waters also have the rights for hebburn quarry mate, just out of interest like?

Comment

What's wrong with club like ?
          Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

Comment

All I'm asking for is a little info, not which club is best etc. So if anyone can tell me how I would approach leazes for carp that would be magic. I'll think about joining a club when I have a feel for things and can see it being worth it.
            Regards Nicky.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Comment

Leazes Park

In the lake there's Common, Mirror, Ghost and Leather back Carp. Heaviest fish is weighing in at approx 26/27lb. Methods used are Hair Rig using a good quality Boilie. Pop Ups. Zig Rigs and picking them of the surface using dog biscuits.Hooks have to be Barb less check out the LPAA web site for the rules of the do's and do not's. Day tickets cost £5 for an adult this allows you to fish from dawn till dusk, no over nighters and a 2 rod limit. Again I would suggest you read the rules before visiting.

Comment

Thanks Sid. I've already had a look at the rules mate just to make sure I know what everything entails.
                Regards Nicky.

Comment

Originally posted by big sid View Post
                  What's wrong with club like ?
                  nothings wrong a no a few people who left due to poor fishing mate and came to big waters

Comment

Get your self a float rod and a carp rod. Wack the carp rod on bite alarm. And just set ya float rod up a d have a mess around with that it's better than having two rods out ledgering it gives you something to do while waiting for ya bite alarm to go off if it ever doze of course lol. I'm off to Catterick tomorrow to try catch something as I've blanket the last two time I've been. It's not a hard thing to get into mate just fish commercial ponds ull get loads of the fish ya after me personally like the bigger spices like carp and barbel and maybe the odd tench. Tight lines mate....

Comment

Originally posted by topbanana View Post
                      All I'm asking for is a little info, not which club is best etc. So if anyone can tell me how I would approach leazes for carp that would be magic. I'll think about joining a club when I have a feel for things and can see it being worth it.
                      if your going to be carp fishing nicky heres a little list of some stuff you will need.you can use one rod for floater fishing in the summer but if you want to get into it seriously you will need a bit of gear
                      2 or 3 2.5/2.75 carp rods
                      2 or 3 big pit or bait runner reels
                      2 or 3 alarms
                      2 or 3 hangers or swingers
                      one rod pod or bank sticks if your only fishing off grass
                      rod bag or quiver
                      I unhooking mat
                      1 big landing net
                      a brolly or bivy as your likely to be out all day or over night(you need to put the hours in to get the best fish)
                      one chair or bed chair for nights
                      one sleeping bag
                      one or 2 rod licence (one allows you to fish 2 rods)
                      hooks-hook link-leads-leadcore-boilie stops-pva (bags-mesh and string)
                      braid cutters--fox box or tackle box to put end tackle in
                      then the bait--boilies--pellets-particals ect
                      if your fishing lakes you don't know you would be best getting a spod and marker rod
                      no doubt ive missed lots off --gary 36 on here might update the list
                      local lakes are
                      leazes park but it is a public park
                      killi lake
                      marden
                      big waters
                      disi when the bits lads go home
                      qe
                      also theres a few syndicates about but most have waiting list
                      once you get a twenty your hooked
                      your lass will probs kick you out cause you will never be at home but at least you will have your bivy to kip in
                      used to have great nights on killi and qe plus sindi at crook and day ticket waters
                      if you pm gary he was a member of leazes for a few years

Comment

Leazes Park

nothings wrong a no a few people who left due to poor fishing mate and came to big waters
                        From what I've heard from the bank there was problems with the past committee but that has been resolved and the club is on the up. As for poor fishing, again word on the bank says different with good nets of bits being caught there has been good numbers of fish introduced and with on going work by certain club members the habit for the fish and wildlife is improving.
                        The only draw back fishing at Leazes Park is its like no other water its a public city centre park and this is not everyone's cup of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by big sid View Post
                          From what I've heard from the bank there was problems with the past committee but that has been resolved and the club is on the up. As for poor fishing, again word on the bank says different with good nets of bits being caught there has been good numbers of fish introduced and with on going work by certain club members the habit for the fish and wildlife is improving.
                          The only draw back fishing at Leazes Park is its like no other water its a public city centre park and this is not everyone's cup of tea.
                          being in a public park and in the city center probably puts people off
                          I the fishing is on the up its a bonus

Comment

Desertdog, I wouldn't believe everything you hear on the bank! The previous committee made the park what it is today, it would be very naïve to think a committee can change a fishery in the time they have been in situ.
                            The previous lot seen the need for habitat improvement before restocking which was the only way forward. this is why you have the fishery as is today.
                            It's better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt!

Comment

topbanna mate id go fly fishing if you go freshwater, my brother is bang into course fishing and he turned into a right boring ****. Plus he cant eat his catch. And everybody and his dog has caught the big chub, roach etc at some point as they go back, and can get expensive, although you get to sit around very still for 600 hrs at atime.

Comment

Working...
                              X