Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharpley Today 17th September. 12 Fish in 4 Hours.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharpley Today 17th September. 12 Fish in 4 Hours.

First visit in 3 weeks due to various reasons so was gagging to wet a line. Surprised how few were there. Only about 6 booked in all day & conditions were great. A lot of Weeding been done & even that bloody Bush at Hangmans hole has gone.

Got fishing 2.45pm on a 4 hour ticket & soon into a Fish on Buzzers on the big Lake. Dropped another soon after then it went quiet. A guy further along had been catching on black Zonkers so decided to ditch the Buzzers & Nymphs & follow suit.
    Tried my trusty Lures first with no success but as soon as i tied something approaching a black Zonker i was into Fish right away.

Left for the Noose after netting 4 Fish & soon had another 2 in the net, went quiet so off to the Hangmans where another 2 fell to Dry patterns, went quiet again so off to the Albert where another 4 fell to the Zonker but had to move around to get them which was pretty much the way the session went. Couple of fish out of a Peg and then they went off.

Ended with 12 Fish, nothing bigger than 3lb but lots of great sport. Lost a few & missed loads of pulls too.
    The Fishery is back to its best at last after that long hot Summer. Brilliant.

Hello Bob,
    just seen this report......good fishing mate. I'm going to move around and give the other lakes a go next time. I usually just go between the Doxford and the Specimen lake.

Regards Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Alexander View Post
      Hello Bob,
      just seen this report......good fishing mate. I'm going to move around and give the other lakes a go next time. I usually just go between the Doxford and the Specimen lake.

Regards Ian
      I dont usually move too much either Ian but on that day the Fish were just going off after pulling a couple out.

Comment

Working...
      X