Waskerley Reservoir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waskerley Reservoir

iam new to this kind of fishing river,so just a bit info has any one fished Waskerley Reservoir,if so what are the cons, like how much to fish it, and how many fish can u keep if any cheers.

copy and pasted from another site,I presume its up to date info

DAY TICKETS
    There are 5 day tickets available per day at a cost of £10 for a 2 fish limit. Fishing must stop when limit is reached. Fly & worm only. No catch and release is allowed when using worm. Full list of rules are posted in the fishing lodge on site.
    CONTACT
    Les Owens on 0775 9140895 email: lesjood2@tiscali.co.uk
    Cheers Alan...

Comment

if its a bit of wild fishing your after...

get yourself to cow green... hoy a fiver in the 'honesty box' - if you can find it! (don't look too hard though!) and fill your boots. never seen another soul there whenever I've been
      ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
      Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

so honest is the honesty box, I just checked and its now 8 whole quid! you can (officially) take 8 fish and relesae as many as you can catch after that

unofficially I've come home with more than that on the odd (!) occasion and had sessions where I've caught 50 or 60 fish in a long afternoon.

no farmed rainbows in there, all wild brownies, hundreds of little uns - half pound to a pound, but a good number of big uns as well

Thought for the day:
        Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Comment

cow green

cheers mate where is cow green

Comment

http://www.nwl.co.uk/Reservoirsenv.aspx#cowgreen
            http://www.visitcumbria.com/pen/cowgreen.htm
            Cheers Alan...

Comment

the car park is about a third of the way up the right hand side of the photo below, the best fishing is at the far end. some of the bays on the right on the way to the far en are ok too, but I always hike to the far end, where the river runs in and cross over to fish the opposite side. the first few hundred yards of that bank from the river onwards

Thought for the day:

Comment

Working...
              X