Caistron Fishery. (wednesday)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caistron Fishery. (wednesday)

Just got back from my days fishing up Rothbury way and thought I would drop a line incase anyone is fancying a trip up that way.

First of all, take your camera as the scenery is as good as it gets, "Marksworld" would have a field day as I have already seen some of the pics he has posted and I am sure he would love this place.

FISHING.
    This fishery is about 50 acres with platforms at various points, a lot of the water is inaccessable due to the layout of the fishery so I would recommend a boat, (£5 4hrs )
    There are a number of islands which can be covered during your fishing trip and quite a few bays to be explored.
    The only thing I would suggest to anyone who is thinking about a boat is to carry an extra length of rope in your bag, the reason being, the anchor tends to detach from the fishery bed when there is a fair breeze blowing. By extending the length of the anchor rope you should hold the bed better.
    This may sound long winded but I hope it may be of use to someone.

By the way , I had 3 fish for 8 1/2 lbs the largest one being 4 1/4 lbs, all fish were caught on a very small damsel nymph.

Cheers seddo

Nice report

was going to try there last year but never got around to it.

Comment

Well done Lol
      Cheers Alan...

Comment

Cheers Alan.

Got to get the map out for next weeks session.

Comment

good one sedo m8, well done, thanks for coments on photos

cheers
          mark

Comment

No problem Mark

Comment

Working...
            X