Derwent 24/10/2007.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derwent 24/10/2007.

Well guys looked after my young un till 12pm then his mates mam picked him up for the day. Missus going xmas shopping when she finished work at 1pm.
    Me i headed back up the resevoir. Bought a lovely 4 piece 11 foot spinning rod£38 and some lures. Also got a black frizz for the fly rod. Cost £15 for stress buster day. Fishing ended at 5:30 pm.
    The afternoons weather was superb. The water was like a mill pond. I could see loads of fish rising for fly.I later found out these were small brownies.(tried but no luck)
    I tried spinning and also with the black frizz but to no avail.
    Ended up ledgering with power bait for the last couple of hours and caught a couple of nice Rainbows.
    I really miss having some waders and am considering which type to get for xmas from her indoors.
    Chest waders with boots and stick £89. Thigh waders £30.?
    Anyway Derwent is open all of November closing time is 3:30pm. No catch limits and only fifteen pounds a day.
    I asked one of the guys why they wanted the resevoir empty and he was saying the rainbows do not winter very well.
    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

fish

sound like u had a canny day mick?my neighbour is aways up at Waskerley Reservoir, Consett he is a member up there now,

Comment

I looked into that. I know a few of the members. One used to be my boss at work.
      I had a mooch few months back and there is a two fish limit. Looks ok but i like the Derwent resevoir.
      Next season i may cough up 50 quid and join the Derwent angling association. It seems like a canny deal. Plus you get a couple of quid off when you go to the Derwent Resevoir.

Comment

Derwent resevoir

i like taking kids up Derwent resevoir?on a family ticket,

Comment

Lassie in Blackhill chippy was saying her husband is a yearly member. Costs about £550 per year to be full time member and can fish when you want.
          Thats a lot of casharoone.

Comment

thats maybe the full northumbrian water season permit, sounds about the right price, allows you to fish any of their waters as and when you want, reckon you'd need to get out at least twice a week to make it worthwhile
            ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
            Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

mick i nar a cracking spot up their, when most people blank i never have done in my spot, minimum i come away with is 4.
              i could show you some time if you want

Comment

Working...
              X