Escomb Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Escomb Lake

Hi all, I'm a keen pike angler based in south Northumberland and I was wondering if anyone had any info on this lake such as tickets, parking etc.

Any info would be much appreciated.

It just so happens I've been to this lake today,

I was visiting my brother in law at Bishop Auckland and I seen the sign for Escomb. It's a bit off track but I had a walk round with my boy, it's a fiver on the bank as confirmed by 2 lads fishing it. One of them had a pike of around 2lb.

Comment

Thanks Jim

Comment

It's bigger than I thought and a bit of a walk from the car.
        I heard years ago it was crammed with pike.
        The lads fishing were free lining which isn't good although they had a float out on one rod.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimk2 View Post
          It just so happens I've been to this lake today,

I was visiting my brother in law at Bishop Auckland and I seen the sign for Escomb. It's a bit off track but I had a walk round with my boy, it's a fiver on the bank as confirmed by 2 lads fishing it. One of them had a pike of around 2lb.
          When you say on the bank, does that mean you can just turn up and fish and they will come and collect money from you? Also do you know if there's any perch in there
          Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
          http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
          http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Originally posted by phill_itofish View Post
            When you say on the bank, does that mean you can just turn up and fish and they will come and collect money from you? Also do you know if there's any perch in there
            Yes Phil, the 2 anglers stated you just turn up and the landowner farmer calls around in his 4x4 and collects fees.
            I've no idea if there are perch, the 2 lads had maggot feeders out without success. It backs on to the river Wear so if you wanted to hit it with lures the river is an option too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimk2 View Post
              Yes Phil, the 2 anglers stated you just turn up and the landowner farmer calls around in his 4x4 and collects fees.
              I've no idea if there are perch, the 2 lads had maggot feeders out without success. It backs on to the river Wear so if you wanted to hit it with lures the river is an option too.
              Cheers mate, I was hoping to hit the lake with lures at some point, I take it the stretch of river is owned by the same guy
              Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
              http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
              http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

escomb lake

The lake has gone into decline as to the fish being taken all the time by foreign nationals , I was there to day for a walk round , 3 people fishing for pike , not even a bite they told me , there was also 4 cormorants on the water as well , so even less fish ,bloody shame really cos it was a nice venue ..........oh! well ,another venue spoilt by poles

Comment

Originally posted by phill_itofish View Post
                  Cheers mate, I was hoping to hit the lake with lures at some point, I take it the stretch of river is owned by the same guy

only the lake , river is Bishop Auckland club waters

Comment

Working...
                  X