Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 North of England Fly Fishing Show – 3rd Feb 2008

Hi All

Looking forward to seeing you all at this years show…

NORTH of ENGLAND FLY FISHING SHOW

This 7th event is to be held on

SUNDAY 3rd FEBRUARY 2008

At

NISSAN SPORTS & SOCIAL CLUB WASHINGTON ROAD,
    SUNDERLAND. SR5 3NS
    [inside the Nissan car plant itself, free parking]

TIME: 10:00am until 3:00pm

Admission:
    Adults [only] £3.00
    Juniors Free [under 16]

This is a unique occasion for Trout and Salmon anglers in the North East region to have the opportunity to view, try, and buy, in one location a massive selection of rods, reels, fly lines, fly tying materials & equipment, flies, hooks, tippet materials, sports clothing, etc, in anticipation of the new 2007 season.

Throughout the day there will be casting demonstrations, casting clinics, presentations on competition fishing, still water fishing, river fishing, advice squad and much more. Fly tying demonstrations on those competition flies, plus club members showing their individual tying patterns that catch on local and national waters, (just ask them to tie that elusive fly?)

Staff will be on hand from many Still Waters such as Stocks Fishery, Sharply Springs, Witton Castle Lakes, and many more to explain what’s on offer in the coming season regarding stocking policy, facilities, local competitions, etc.

Products will be on view from Greys / Hardys of Alnwick, Ultimate Fishing Supplies, I.D. Fishing, Reelsport, Flytek, Cookshill Fly Tying, Top Tackle, Celtic Flycraft, Rutland fishing, and many more, etc. Check out the website for all the up to date information on the show.

This is an excellent opportunity to see what’s new on the market, ask the experts advice on tackle, tactics, locations, tuition on all aspects of fly tying, casting. Hot food and drinks served all day, so come along and have a great day…

Great raffle prizes !!!!!!!!!!!!
    To be drawn at 3:00pm on the day

All Enquires: info@northofenglandflyfishingshow.com

northofenglandflyfishingshow

Is there a bar?
    It's a thin line that seperates an Angler from a madman standing on the beach in january at midnight in -5 degrees with a northerly wind blowing in your face

Comment

Yep...sure is.

Comment

wooohooooooo bar im there
        ps is there food ???

Comment

Yep...there is food all day.

Comment

woooooooohoooooo im defo going bar and food = good day oot
            lol

Comment

The weather on the day of the show is looking like rain and blustery winds so a good day to visit the show rather than fishing, should be a great day out for all hopefully with plenty of bargains to be had.

See you there…

northofenglandflyfishingshow

Comment

Will hopefully have a bowl down - skint like but ........never been before - is it worth getting down early? £3.00 quids a decent price for something like that as well although it still feels like paying to get into a shop which can't be cool
                "I mock thee not, though I by thee am mockéd.
                Thou call'st me madman, but I call thee blockhead"

Comment

I'll be there ,well I'll be parked there and getting paid double time lol.
                  You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Getting there early…well most of the crowds seem to go in the morning for some of the deals but a lot of the exhibitors / dealers can be bartered with near the end of the show, but it’s always worth haggling for discount whatever the time, something I feel we don’t do enough off, shy barnes get nowt if you don’t ask springs to mind.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Regards

Stephen

Comment

Just a quick note to say many thanks to all who attended and supported this year’s show it was a great success...

We have a few ideas in the pipeline for next years show 1st Feb 2009 i.e. a few Sea Angling stalls, etc.

If you have any positive ideas to improve a show of this nature please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks

Stephen

Comment

better lighting

Comment

Originally posted by greysg View Post
                          Just a quick note to say many thanks to all who attended and supported this year’s show it was a great success...

We have a few ideas in the pipeline for next years show 1st Feb 2009 i.e. a few Sea Angling stalls, etc.

If you have any positive ideas to improve a show of this nature please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks

Stephen
                          the 1st of feb is the opening day of the salmon season so numbers of those attending maybe down as a lot of anglers head for the river come hail or shine!!

Comment

Working...
                          X