Woodlands Thirsk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodlands Thirsk

Well I went to Woodlands at Thirsk for a bit of coarse fishing and had a really enjoyable day. There was six of us went, we got there just before 9am. I decided to use the feeder rod and have a go at the Carp, mixed up some groundbait and got set up. I ended up with 6 Carp 1st Carp was 7lb 6oz thought great start. 2nd Carp 5lb 4oz after that Carp were averaging in between 2lb - 4lb. Me mate had a Carp 12lb 4oz nice Carp. The biggest shock of the day was when Robin come to collect the fees for fishing Woodlands was £9, Thought it was dear for the time of the year, Great day Looks like Carrs Lake on Sunday.

Canny days fishing mate. I forgot wat it feels like to catch a carp blanked the last few times out. Was at catterick two weeks ago blanked again was really cold and was hail stoning didnt think id catch but stuck it out anyway . My two mates stayed 24hrs and the both blanked too. Carnt wait for more sessions this year its warming up more and more as the weeks go by. Tight lines mate

Comment

Bit Pricy

Just thought It was a bit steep £9 for the time of year. Hoping It's not £10 in the summer.

Comment

Dont hold ya breath mate probably will be

Comment

cost

When you look at the price of sea fishing bait Chris it is a cheap day out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustybin View Post
            Just thought It was a bit steep £9 for the time of year. Hoping It's not £10 in the summer.
            put the prices up on last year then i remember it being £7 early season then £8 rest of the season where goin this bank holiday can imagine it being busy what lake did you fish?
            personal best pier:2003 xmas eve the hugh 12lb4oz

Comment

Lake

We fished Curlew Lake.

Comment

Robin by name.robbin by nature.

Comment

nice good session for you chris mate, but if ya grumbling about £9, its nee good me offering to take you fly fishing hahahahaha
                  FIND THE ROCKS AND KELP AND YOU WILL FIND ME

http://www.freewebs.com/jc-tiling-services/

Comment

Was there many bites? And did you get many 2 to 4lb fish?

Comment

2lb - 4lb

Yes I had 4

Comment

Sounds a bargain for 9quid 😉 worth it for the chance of a double.

I must hav chucked 20 quids worth of ground bait away in the last few weeks for only one or two fish a session. Dont tend to fish the oaks that much as its so busy all the time.

Have you fished Brafferton Chris?

Comment

Working...
                        X