sharpley 3/5/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sharpley 3/5/14

Got there for 8am and cut a long story short the morning was pants. So a quick brew and some scran at 12 we headed onto alice and albert (I think thats the name lol) and there was plenty fish rising. On with a black suspended buzzer and I had loads off fish coming to it, 1 landed and 1 one broke me off, I'm still getting hang of the game. Anyway the wind strenthened and I started to struggle so I headed to the noose and had this little lake to my self pretty much. On with an olive suspended buzzer and I managed another 4 fish in there plus another I pulled off.

I left at 4pm feeling rather pleased with myself, this being my 3rd proper time, all fish caught off the top and on flies of my own choice. Happy days

Forgot to mention, all fish were returned with the biggest close to 4lb.
    Last edited by topbanana; 04-05-2014, 11:08 AM. Reason: added content.
    Regards Nicky.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Well done on a canny session fella. We were there Friday & it was almost the opposite. Majority of Fish on Buzzers. I had 10 only 1 off the top. My mate did ok too & had one which I guessed at around 15lb.

Comment

Thats a cracking fish bob. Its all still pretty new to me and after lots of reading, a few questions here and there, I'm getting the jist of it mate. I love a new challange and half the fun is learning.
      Regards Nicky.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Comment

getting good at the fluff chucking nick another feather//// in your bow haha well done ,get the young,un up there and he will out fish you again. davy.
        PB
        COD 21-15-0 Tynemouth pier R/M match
        COD 20-4-0 Sharpness, Tynemouth open
        Ballan Wrasse 5-6-0 Seahouses summer league
        Pollock 11-5-8 ST Abbs Spinning sandeel
        Dogfish 2-15-14 Tynemouth pier match R/M
        Coaly 3-5-8 Tynemouth pier match r/m
        Cod =, Coaly, Whiten, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Gurnard, Weaver, Rockling, Pouting, Wrasse, Mackerel, Sea scorpion, all of tynemouth pier

Comment

Aye davy I take my lassie onto the worm lake and I'll take me little laddy up there soon now he listens a bit more lol. It fills the gaps mate, never thought I would become a fluff chucker haha
          Regards Nicky.

Comment

my brother in law passed away last year and left me all his expensive trout gear and I was going to start going to chatton with keven the cobbler but with all the club matchs I don't have the time so I had to get rid of all his gear I found a good home for it to a good deserving case,glad you took to it. davy.
            PB
            COD 21-15-0 Tynemouth pier R/M match
            COD 20-4-0 Sharpness, Tynemouth open
            Ballan Wrasse 5-6-0 Seahouses summer league
            Pollock 11-5-8 ST Abbs Spinning sandeel
            Dogfish 2-15-14 Tynemouth pier match R/M
            Coaly 3-5-8 Tynemouth pier match r/m
            Cod =, Coaly, Whiten, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Gurnard, Weaver, Rockling, Pouting, Wrasse, Mackerel, Sea scorpion, all of tynemouth pier

Comment

Great result Nicky.....it's good fun isn't it. I'm thinking of having a trip to sharply tomorrow or I might have a look down the river.
              If I see you at sharply sometime be sure to say hello.

Regards Ian

Comment

Thanks Ian. I'm enjoying it so far, like I say I'm just doing lots of reading, I enjoy figuring things out and getting results. Plus the help of your self with the other lads and lasses on here, it's coming together. I'll be there on saturday myself mate but if I bump into you I will say hello
                Regards Nicky.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Alexander View Post
                  Great result Nicky.....it's good fun isn't it. I'm thinking of having a trip to sharply tomorrow or I might have a look down the river.
                  If I see you at sharply sometime be sure to say hello.

Regards Ian
                  Might see you there Ian.

Comment

nick

One of the things with sharpley is long leaders and give the fish what they want, there's a lot of people fish traditionally but somtetimes it's blobs and zonkers ! Get yourself some bloodworms to stick on the end of your buzzer trace , they particularly like pink in the Albert And Alice, also look at fishing new Zealand style with a blob under a bung about a metre depth this time of year , tie a small buzzer to the hook shank at bend of blob with 6 inch of line ,Nick if you get in to tying let us know I've got allsourts that I would be prepared to half it would save a lot of time and effort , good luck anyway

Comment

Originally posted by hardy man View Post
                      One of the things with sharpley is long leaders and give the fish what they want, there's a lot of people fish traditionally but somtetimes it's blobs and zonkers ! Get yourself some bloodworms to stick on the end of your buzzer trace , they particularly like pink in the Albert And Alice, also look at fishing new Zealand style with a blob under a bung about a metre depth this time of year , tie a small buzzer to the hook shank at bend of blob with 6 inch of line ,Nick if you get in to tying let us know I've got allsourts that I would be prepared to half it would save a lot of time and effort , good luck anyway
                      How's it going rob mate ? Cheers for the advise and thanks for the offer , we'll have to get out some time if you fancy it. I'll pm you my num.
                      Regards Nicky.

Comment

Working...
                      X