licence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• licence

i don't want to start another discussion about the sea licence,i would like to post a couple of moans about how the licence affects coarse anglers,i had no problems buying a coarse licence as it was just part of fishing when i got into the sport.my main moan is that a rod licence covers you for two rods,the current coarse licence is £24.00 ,however i know lads who only use one rod as they fish rivers with a float rod,but they have to pay the same amount as someone who can fish a lake and choose to use two rods,on some lakes where fish are hard to come by some lads use three rods and they have to buy two licences,it can't be hard for the environment agency to give you the choice of a 1,2,or3 rod licence with the appropriate cost.also how do you feel about this one, a place i go carp fishing,the farmer owns a large lake,he decided to create his own small lake, he got all the required permission,dug it out himself(with a jcb)stocked it with fish at his own expense got it checked over by the environment agency and was reminded that he would have to buy a rod licence in order to fish it,these are the people you will be dealing with one last thing a coarse licence lasts untill 31st march every year so if anyone buys oneone in october for instance you pay full price but it only covers you for six months.i only get to go sea fishing when i come home to shields and one of the many plusses about sea fishing is not to have to pay a day ticket(ten pounds where i go carping )and not to have to buy a licence. sorry new to this posted on wrong forum
    Last edited by cheapskate; 24-02-2008, 05:23 PM. Reason: wrong forum

The rules allow you to have two rods set up at any one time when fishing i have seen many anglers on the river with a barbel rod and a float rod set up, with regards to the lake guys i dont think its amatter of the fish being hard to come by more a matter of covering as much water as possible with static baits, i agree it wouldnt be hard to set up a 1,2,3 rod licence scheme but is it really necesarry because you can bet the one rod licence would not drop in price probably just push the price of the two and three up.
    www.topfishingtackle.co.uk
    LIVE THE DREAM

Comment

the thing is the licience allows you to use up to two rods, my diving licience covers me upto and including an artic, it does not mean i have to use it fully, however i agree that the licience is a bit heavy for someone that uses only one rod, though as has been said it would not get any cheaper if the rules were changed and those using two would pay higher, i often use a leger rod and my pole when fishing
      one worry no one has picked up on regarding the sea licience - will it be like the coarse were you have a max on the rods being used, i in the main fish two rods in the sea, in summer i often carry and setup a spinning rod in case the mack or better still any bass show

as too your own pond/lake and being charged to fish in it, yep its a **** take, it would still apply if you had a goldfish pond and decided one day to wet a line in it

Comment

Welcome to NESA mate
        moved the thread into Freshwater for you
        Cheers Alan...

Comment

Working...
        X