Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharpley Springs Friday 2nd & Tuesday 6th May.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharpley Springs Friday 2nd & Tuesday 6th May.

After the first few visits to the Fishery this Season & having a hard time on numbers of Fish it was good to have two good sessions in a row. There has been no stocking of the Lakes since April 25th so was expecting things to be slow.

Friday saw me hit the big Lake about 2.30pm and for about 2 1/2 hours had non stop action netting 9 fish and losing & missing loads of takes. Must have had my leader & team of 3 Flies just right as everyone else around was struggling badly.
    Mate Paul (Kirky) joined me after I had 5 fish. Gave him the same point Fly and he could hardly get a nudge while I proceeded to get another 4 fish.
    About 5pm it died the death so time for Tea.

Back out about 6pm and it took another 3 hours to get my 10th fish

In the meantime Paul got into a stonker of a Rainbow which I netted for him. Easily 15lb & the most vivid coloured Bow I have ever seen, absolutely beautiful & went back fine after some resting. Shame I couldn't get a pic but these big Fish easily go Tits up so need great care.
    A great session.

Tuesday saw me without any hopes of a decent day, not stocked for 11 days & had about 250 Anglers over the long weekend.

Got started 3.40pm on the big Lake and just like Friday had 7 Fish by 5pm when it slowed completely, so in for Tea before resuming about 6.30pm.

Only had 1 more after that as well as dropping another few.

Just like Friday, almost all were taken on Buzzers & Nymphs and only 1 off the Top.

Packed in about 8pm & was the last to leave, that said everything about the fishing generally. looked in the book & the results were dire.

Must be my lucky new fishing Pants lol. Wore them first time Friday

Hello Bob, good results there.....especially Tuesday, it was very hard for me.

Just one question.......can I borrow your new pants?

Regards Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Alexander View Post
      Hello Bob, good results there.....especially Tuesday, it was very hard for me.

Just one question.......can I borrow your new pants?

Regards Ian
      Pants wont fit Ian lol. Saw your name in the book but couldn't spot you.

Comment

Nice one bob, I'll be heading over on sat again.
        Regards Nicky.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Comment

wished I had come down today blanked at Derwent.
          Mick.
          Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Friday before I get there again Mick.

Comment

Working...
            X