attaching tippets and droppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• attaching tippets and droppers

I've been using a surgens loop for this but it does'nt seem that strong what do you lads and lasses use ? Now I'm more confident with my casting I'm going to use teams of flies more often.

Cheers.
    Regards Nicky.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

That any use mate

Comment

How you getting in with the the old fluff? Phil's recent catch reports not turned you back to the light? Lol

Comment

Aye I've seen that one mate they just dont seem strong. Suppose I've got to realize it's 6lb mono and not 35lb lol. Was speaking to phil the other day and you know what, it just was'nt doing it for me lol. I've been consumed by fluff chucking haha
        Regards Nicky.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Comment

Three turn Water knot.

Comment

I use a 3 Turn Water Knot to attach dropper. Have a look at this clip by Steve Cullen showing how to tie it

Tie the 3 Turn Water Knot with Steve Cullen - YouTube

Use loop to loop to connect your leader to your main line to make changing leaders quick and easy and it also reduces the risk of your leader cutting into the loop at the end of your main line.

You can use an overhand loop knot

Overhand loop knot

or use a Perfection Loop if you really want your leader to sit straight but I wouldnt worry too much about that. When joining them put the loop that you have just tied in your leader over the fly line loop ( thick loop goes inside the thin loop ) pull the leader through the fly line loop and pull them so they join together. In the illustration below the dark line is the fly line (thick line) and the grey is the thinner leader. If you do it the wrong way and put the thin end through you can get a hinging effect and the fly won't turn over properly

Hope this helps

Ali
            UKCC Level 2 Game Angling Coach

Comment

3 turn water knot ;-)
              FIND THE ROCKS AND KELP AND YOU WILL FIND ME

http://www.freewebs.com/jc-tiling-services/

Comment

Fly fishing

I find 3 turn water knot a simple method to attach droppers
                Last edited by Joe-m; 04-06-2014, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X