Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharpley, two doubles.

Hello,
    I had a little session at Sharpley this morning. I got there early to beat the rain and it was a cracking morning.
    I set off to the Doxford and started off with a buzzer/diawl bach set up.

On the second cast I saw a good fish follow my buzzer as I lifted off to recast so on the next casts I let my flies "hang" at the end of the retrieve before I recast. A couple of casts later the fish grabbed my fly and started to lead me a merry dance. I knew it was the same fish I had seen as it stayed very deep but after a while I eased the net under it.
    A bloke came along from a few pegs away and we weighed it, (in the net over the water), after deducting the weight of the net it went 17lb. A new pb for me and I was buzzing!!
    I had got soaking though as I had went into the water over my boots so that I could return it.......not that I'd minded the wet though after such a great fish!!

I fished on and moved a few pegs further around but after an hour or so all I had was another little pull but no hook up. I switched my tactics and replaced my buzzers with a blue flash damsel.
    First cast another good fish took the damsel and this one fought much harder taking me into the weed at one point and staying put for a good bit. I coaxed it out after a bit and another bloke came along and helped me net it. This fish was even better at 18lb 5oz. I was over the moon!

I went in again to return it and got my second soaking but again it didn't matter......I had broke my pb twice in one session.

The biggest one.

Regards Ian

two cracking fish there ian, well done

Comment

Brilliant session Ian, one you wont forget in a while I bet. 2 Stonkers.

Comment

2 Nice fish there Ian.Well done mate..

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Alexander View Post
          Hello,
          I had a little session at Sharpley this morning. I got there early to beat the rain and it was a cracking morning.
          I set off to the Doxford and started off with a buzzer/diawl bach set up.

On the second cast I saw a good fish follow my buzzer as I lifted off to recast so on the next casts I let my flies "hang" at the end of the retrieve before I recast. A couple of casts later the fish grabbed my fly and started to lead me a merry dance. I knew it was the same fish I had seen as it stayed very deep but after a while I eased the net under it.
          A bloke came along from a few pegs away and we weighed it, (in the net over the water), after deducting the weight of the net it went 17lb. A new pb for me and I was buzzing!!
          I had got soaking though as I had went into the water over my boots so that I could return it.......not that I'd minded the wet though after such a great fish!!

I fished on and moved a few pegs further around but after an hour or so all I had was another little pull but no hook up. I switched my tactics and replaced my buzzers with a blue flash damsel.
          First cast another good fish took the damsel and this one fought much harder taking me into the weed at one point and staying put for a good bit. I coaxed it out after a bit and another bloke came along and helped me net it. This fish was even better at 18lb 5oz. I was over the moon!

I went in again to return it and got my second soaking but again it didn't matter......I had broke my pb twice in one session.

The biggest one.

Regards Ian
          nice one ian
          consett warlord retired

Comment

Absolute quality ian, well done mate
            Regards Nicky.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Comment

Well done, Ian! Lovely fish

Ali
              UKCC Level 2 Game Angling Coach

Comment

great result ian
                Rodbuilding & rod repairs

Comment

Two beauties them, brilliant session that!
                  Cheers Mark

PB: Rainbow Trout 9lb 8oz - Derwent Reservoir - May 2014

Comment

some boy ian 2 pb in one session cant be bad , nice place to fish sharply only been down the twice this year. been going down to knitsley just down the road from me walk down with the dog have some crack with the lads down there.
                    still got this spare guest ticket for you waskerley& smiddy shaw
                    consett warlord retired

Comment

2 Cracking fish Ian well done bud.
                      Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Was me that helped you with the 18 mate. Well done on the pb.
                        Liam

Comment

well done ian top fish m8

Comment

Working...
                          X