sharply springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sharply springs

had a visit today down to sharply springs have not been there for some time be looking forward to going , boy was I disappointed the lakes are full of weed casting platforms in a poor state dead fish just left lying in all of the lakes litter and long grass.
    this place has gone down the bank since my last visit and it used to be a grand venue.
    had a word with other lads fishing there today and they said the owner seems to have lost interest in the lakes keeping the weed at bay and cutting the grass he is into his golf course now.
    Last edited by dale19; 19-06-2014, 06:28 PM.
    consett warlord retired

Have to agree with all you say Dale. Needs a working party to sort it out imo. In quite a sad state at the minute.

Comment

sharply

sharply was in my opinion one of the best venues in the north now its just in a sorry state don't think I will be going back.
      I tend to pop down to knitsley mill as its down the road from me,a good little water. the new manager billy has put a lot of time & effort to build the fishery back up after a few years going down hill.
      its worth a day out if you have not been before some cracking fish in there
      I also fish up at waskerly & smiddyshaw
      consett warlord retired

Comment

does not sound like the place I remember but haven't been for a long time

Comment

I was there two weeks back and it was the same then. It's ridiculus to say the least.
          Regards Nicky.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Comment

Bloke who owns the lakes is a multi multi millionaire, he is focusing on turning his golf course into a resort, I.e putting a posh hotel on it.

Comment

Working...
            X