read the bylaws!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• read the bylaws!!!

A few weeks ago my friend and i were fishing for trout in the closed season. Ive used maggots for tout at reservois before so that was the bait of the day. Long story short £327 fine. There is no lee way when it comes to begginers. No warnings for first time or not knowing what every little rule is. Also if you do make a mistake and they issue you with a ticket, make an audio recording on your phone. The bailiff lied on the report to the court on mine

can you inform me of the water you got the fine on was it NRA bailiff that gave you the ticket or the bailiff on that water.
    but out of season m8 you are just asking for trouble, must have not been a private fishery as you can fish all the year round for rainbow trout ,but maggots are a no no with trout on the majority reservoirs & barbless hooks must be used.
    consett warlord retired

Comment

have you any previous mate? just that the fine seems hefty like

Comment

I get sick of telling anglers about using maggots on the rivers during the Coarse fish close season which is between the 13th of March to the 16 of June.
        In this time you are only allowed Fly ,Spinner or Worm.

Its all here.

North East rod fishing byelaws are statutory (regulated by law) rules and regulations explaining who can fish, and where, when and what fish you can take.

Comment

Fine

I got caught at Bellingham 1990 had a permit ,licence fishing with maggot fined £50 it was ferry hill water I made same mistake didn't read small print.bit harsh that fine mind

Comment

It was a free stretch of durham river. I know now that i cant use maggot... lesson learnt. It was a E.A bailiff. And no previous.

The bailiff told us we could use shrimp and prawn for trout? But from what ive read thats also not allowed. Dunno how im supposed to know the rules if he doesnt.of cpurse that wasnt in his statment. He also said he checked my hook bait which he didnt. at the end of his statment he said that i could continue if i changed bait. But that was a lie, he actually made me throw the maggots in and told me to go home

Comment

Your experiance

Originally posted by metallica fish View Post
              It was a free stretch of durham river. I know now that i cant use maggot... lesson learnt. It was a E.A bailiff. And no previous.

The bailiff told us we could use shrimp and prawn for trout? But from what ive read thats also not allowed. Dunno how im supposed to know the rules if he doesnt.of cpurse that wasnt in his statment. He also said he checked my hook bait which he didnt. at the end of his statment he said that i could continue if i changed bait. But that was a lie, he actually made me throw the maggots in and told me to go home
              Sounds like a c** t mate, one of those bailiffs hassles me asks for my permit every time I see him annoying ,might be only 12 hrs since I last. Seen him.ex cop dresses up like King Charles

Comment

If you have fished with maggots before you are hardly a beginnner, did you know rules and just chanced you would get away with it. There's a big difference to fishing a stocked private pond or lake to fishing a natural river that enables different species to spawn, rules are they to protect fish in this period.
                ZZiplex m427, Hulk model
                Okuma trio Rex
                Aerlex 7000xsa
                Penn spinfisher 7500 lc

Comment

fishing a river out of season with maggots (classed as poaching ) .
                  well you have learned the hard way with a very harsh fine.
                  lucking they did not confiscate all your fishing tackle when they caught you fishing illegally.
                  fishing clubs & members pay a lot of money to fish beats on rivers that's why they have bailiffs on patrol.
                  consett warlord retired

Comment

Originally posted by lead chucker View Post
                    If you have fished with maggots before you are hardly a beginnner, did you know rules and just chanced you would get away with it. There's a big difference to fishing a stocked private pond or lake to fishing a natural river that enables different species to spawn, rules are they to protect fish in this period.
                    Fished with maggots once before. Been fishing for almost a year now. The wierd thing is that he said we could use worm for trout because course fish dont tend to bother with worms. Yet on the yearly rod licence there is a picture of a course fish with a worm in its mouth. Its all very confusing to a beginner mind! Since then ive joined DCAC and gone crazy checking ever little law and rule possible before putting a line in. Never making a mistake again! ive been made to feel like a proper bad criminal. And now i have a criminal record for it

Comment

Why would i bother getting a licence if i knew i was doing wrong? If i was going out my way to poach i wouldnt have bothered being nice to the bailiff like i was. He would have gone in the drink and id have run away. But no! I politely asked all the questions and treated him with respect.

Comment

Oh well if your new to fishing you should have joined a club the lads there would have explained what's required when fresh water fishing and given you tips on bait etc.
                        ZZiplex m427, Hulk model
                        Okuma trio Rex
                        Aerlex 7000xsa
                        Penn spinfisher 7500 lc

Comment

Oh well if your new to fishing you should have joined a club the lads there would have explained what's required when fresh water fishing and given you tips on bait etc.
                          See my post before the last one. I have joined DCAC. I was going to join it a while ago but i didnt have the finances to get all the right equipment needed to fish the west water at the time

Comment

Where to fish

You should be able to fish any where or be like scotland no licence

Comment

Originally posted by metallica fish View Post
                              Fished with maggots once before. Been fishing for almost a year now. The wierd thing is that he said we could use worm for trout because course fish dont tend to bother with worms. Yet on the yearly rod licence there is a picture of a course fish with a worm in its mouth. Its all very confusing to a beginner mind! Since then ive joined DCAC and gone crazy checking ever little law and rule possible before putting a line in. Never making a mistake again! ive been made to feel like a proper bad criminal. And now i have a criminal record for it
                              course anglers use a large variety of baits you will find that fish tend to take anything if there hunting for food. worms fly maggots small fish ect in fact they eat owt .
                              you have been hit hard with a heavy fine, that fine money could have got some good tackle.
                              you have now joined a club good for you, so go out with some of the members they will be more than happy to help you out best way to learn keep you out of any more trouble.
                              consett warlord retired

Comment

Working...
                              X