Blyth ....... fishing pond?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blyth ....... fishing pond?

Hi. Just been looking for possible carp lakes near Whitley Bay via Google Earth. I noticed that there appears to be a pond by the football pitches in Blyth opposite the sand dunes. On closer magnification they appear to have ready made jetties on it. I went to have a walk there today to have a look but the gate by the main road, which leads upto the pond (it looks a long walk), was locked.
    Has anyone off here fished here before and if so is it any good? Is the gate ever unlocked? How much does it cost to fish here?

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by mick65 View Post
    Hi. Just been looking for possible carp lakes near Whitley Bay via Google Earth. I noticed that there appears to be a pond by the football pitches in Blyth opposite the sand dunes. On closer magnification they appear to have ready made jetties on it. I went to have a walk there today to have a look but the gate by the main road, which leads upto the pond (it looks a long walk), was locked.
    Has anyone off here fished here before and if so is it any good? Is the gate ever unlocked? How much does it cost to fish here?

Thanks in advance
    I am not sure but I think it is on private land. probably pay to get in touch with northumberland council

Comment

Not sure where you mean mate but I used to Ferret a lot of the farms up there. There is a club, 'Blyth Angling Club' (obviously) and they used to control a couple of ponds up there 'Meggies' (spelling) and Newsham Pond, Meggies had a lot of nice Carp cos I used to stop off there when i was resting and the carp used to feedoff my sandwiches.
      Obviously theres Marden Quarry in Whitley, (and I'm old enough to remember when Holywell Nature reserve was a trout fishery).

Comment

yeah, the pond you are on about is contolled by blyth ac. Think its around £30 a year membership. When you join, u get a key for the gate and can park ur car right next to the pond. There are carp in the pond but they are almost impossible to catch, the main target is ide, bream and perch, with the odd tench. Marden quarry is controlled by big waters ac. Some good carp in there but personally, I wouldn't nightfish it. Best club is w.a.c.a.c. They control the qe2 which is a cracking carp venue and a bit safer to fish.

Comment

If you have a look through the rules for Blyth A.C. you'll soon see that they are definitely geared towards putting carp anglers off (hook size restrictions, etc) as it's run by a clique of match anglers.
          Trust your Uncle!

Lee

Comment

to fish Marden Quarry you need to be a member of big waters AC a lot of the members only fish at night
            Alan

Comment

Working...
            X