fishing at the sundial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fishing at the sundial

has anybody ever fished the large lake at the sundial near the village hotel heard it contains carp over 10lb anybody know anything about wheter their rumours are true. fished it ocouple of times and caught 1lb on a quivertip using small feeder with sweetcorn as bait anyone else ever fished it and caught anything big

This has been mentioned before. Who owns it?

Comment

its a freewater as their isnt supposed to be fish in it so as long as you have a rod licence its fine thier is also another smaller lake with reeds in the middle which contains some decent fish to about 6lb+

Comment

this is one of the carp ive caught from their

Comment

Originally posted by adam123 View Post
          this is one of the carp ive caught from their
          what size is that? iv had loads ov carp from the little lake with loads ov reads round it but nowt that big.the lake your on about has got some canny carp in it i have the info on good athortie if thats how ya spell it lol
          Here fishy fishy!!!!!!!!!!
          best fish 13lb 4 0z boghall feb 08 avtar pic
          next best 9lb tynemouth march 07
          next best 7lb 6 0z railway hole dec 07

Comment

its about a 1lb-2lb in weight the picture makes it look alot bigger though lol

Comment

I live just around the corner. I'll have a neb the next time I see someone fishing it. Do you mean the pond next to the village or accross the road?
              ps there are often people with a lot of gear fishing the smaller ponds so there must be something decent around
              Tides & Sea State For North Shields
              http://www.mumm.ac.be/EN/Models/Oper...n=northshields

Comment

Work in the building next to it, I've mentioned it before on here as I've seen a couple of guys fishing it regularly. Spoke to one of them in the summer and he was saying there's some good sized fish in there but also a lot of goldfish that people have dumped in there which are now interbreeding with the carp and producing some very nice looking hybrid fish. Most popular mark seems to be next to the bushes at the side where my office is (there's a bench seat to the right just along from the bush and a large rock next to it aswell).

Comment

Originally posted by johnf View Post
                  I live just around the corner. I'll have a neb the next time I see someone fishing it. Do you mean the pond next to the village or accross the road?
                  ps there are often people with a lot of gear fishing the smaller ponds so there must be something decent around
                  im talking about the large pond at the bottom of the sundial opposite the council offices

Comment

where is this lake please ?
                    --------------------------------------------------------------

the Limicoline one

--------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Its at the cobalt business park. Close to the Silverlink. There are more smaller ponds now the place has been landscaped further, but I assume the pond mentioned is the one to the East?

west allotment - Google Maps
                      Tides & Sea State For North Shields
                      http://www.mumm.ac.be/EN/Models/Oper...n=northshields

Comment

This is the Council Offices, called Quadrant. I work on the 3rd floor and have seen folk fishing here at this pond. It is at the bottom of the main path up to the sundial. If you click on the link below you will see the view from my office - it might help you to get your bearings on exactly where the pond is as you can move the camera view around and scan 360 degrees.

Cobalt 16, Cobalt Park

Cobalt Map
                        Last edited by pottsy; 13-01-2009, 09:59 PM.
                        UKCC Level 2 Game Angling Coach

Comment

Originally posted by bazw View Post
                          where is this lake please ?
                          the large pond is at the bottom of the sundial opposite the council offices

Comment

Originally posted by adam123 View Post
                            its about a 1lb-2lb in weight the picture makes it look alot bigger though lol
                            it looks alot bigger i dont think ya fishing the same lake a me though there are 2 lakes either side ov the sun dial on with an island and one without what one have you been fishing

Comment

Originally posted by 5150 View Post
                              Work in the building next to it, I've mentioned it before on here as I've seen a couple of guys fishing it regularly. Spoke to one of them in the summer and he was saying there's some good sized fish in there but also a lot of goldfish that people have dumped in there which are now interbreeding with the carp and producing some very nice looking hybrid fish. Most popular mark seems to be next to the bushes at the side where my office is (there's a bench seat to the right just along from the bush and a large rock next to it aswell).
                              gold fish!!! nah coy carp mate ne gold fish.iv caught one b4 around 2lb

Comment

Working...
                              X