northumbrian waters/ new season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• northumbrian waters/ new season

i know i could have a neb at their website but there's been no new threads on here for a wee while, but when do derwent, keilder et al open for the new season? had a shocking cod (lol) season and am in serious need of some rod bending action on the fly.

anybody got any new idea's/ waters they're wanting to try this year? personally am gonna be boat fishing 'loch style' a lot more. got a taste of it on rutland water last year at the fire service nationals and proper loved it (finished 14th by the way) bit more fun than anchoring up 'again', in ya fave bay. langley, sweethope, keider, lockwood beck and caistron will take up most of my time this season(can't think of any more boat waters), only wish derwent would get a fleet of boats

not be long now, short pants and shades.........
    stop what ya deein and.........

PB : cod 9lb 2oz Lynemouth Dec 10'

Tunstall has boats and reasonable prices Dicky, have you fished there?
    "I mock thee not, though I by thee am mockéd.
    Thou call'st me madman, but I call thee blockhead"

Comment

mate, i have also had a ghastly season and have been feeling summery inside seeing fly setups.

i have only ledged derwent and fontburn with minimal results and am itching to get whipping off a boat, where out of your list is best for said activity and won't bust me wallet.

cheers bud..........tom
      gettin a rod for wor lass, should be a good swap!

Comment

Dicky i know how exactly how you feel mate. I live 4 mile away from the Derwent and took up fly fishing couple seasons back.
        Really looking forward to some nice warm sunny days fly fishing for some rainbow/brownies. Shades on and cap pulled down.
        When the going gets hard its a case of laying down for 5 minutes on the bank side-feels a million miles away.
        One thing i have promised myself this season is to try different venues.

Mick.
        Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Would like to hire a boat and take my young lad out with me.he is 10 years old.

Even if we caught nowt he would love to go out in the boat.
          Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

for tom and mick.......you've got to try langley dam, my fave water. its a 'big' small water (if you know what i mean ) at about 14 acres. very reasonable prices as well, there's 4 boats i think, at a tenner for the day or fiver for 4 hours. all day 5 fish 20 sheets, bit cheaper for less fish if you don't want 5. i tend to do 4 hrs, 12 quid, 3 fish. plenty fish to be had but there not guaranteed, you do have to graft for them. there tends to be a lot of fish in the 3-6lb range, not just loads of pound an a half stockies and an odd biggun. fred and noreen are very welcoming/helpful. its in a lovely neck of the woods, great lodge etc etc etc............sold yet fella's you won't be dissapointed

dicky

Comment

cheers dicky mate, i'll get it on the list, is it first come first served with the boats or can you book em?
              gettin a rod for wor lass, should be a good swap!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Thompson View Post
                Tunstall has boats and reasonable prices Dicky, have you fished there?
                me mara has been a member over there for the last 3 or 4 years charlie so i've fished it a couple of times with him. unfortunately only from the bank, its a bit tricky to get a boat during the week. apparantly there needs to be a club baliff/official there for the boats and they tend not to want to be there all day if tha's just the one boat out didn't have a great deal of success from the bank like, water levels have been very high the last couple of years and there hasn't really been much bank to fish, you tend to be limited to just a couple of area's. still managed to winkle a couple out like

Comment

Originally posted by t0mb0la View Post
                  cheers dicky mate, i'll get it on the list, is it first come first served with the boats or can you book em?
                  aye you can book them like. tel.01434688846 have a good day

Comment

Originally posted by dicky mint View Post
                    i know i could have a neb at their website but there's been no new threads on here for a wee while, but when do derwent, keilder et al open for the new season? had a shocking cod (lol) season and am in serious need of some rod bending action on the fly.

anybody got any new idea's/ waters they're wanting to try this year? personally am gonna be boat fishing 'loch style' a lot more. got a taste of it on rutland water last year at the fire service nationals and proper loved it (finished 14th by the way) bit more fun than anchoring up 'again', in ya fave bay. langley, sweethope, keider, lockwood beck and caistron will take up most of my time this season(can't think of any more boat waters), only wish derwent would get a fleet of boats

not be long now, short pants and shades.........
                    Dicky, press day on the Northumbrian waters is Friday 15th March, if past years are anything to go by then i think they will opening on Saturday 16th March
                    If people think you are an idiot, why speak and remove all doubt !

Comment

sure i read in todays journal that opening day on the premier waters was the 14th, with the likes of selset, cow green etc a week or so later. seems odd opening on a thursday

Comment

Working...
                      X