airflo di5, help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• airflo di5, help please

anybody own one of the airflo sixth sense range of sinkin lines, the di5 in particular? does it have a definate taper/head at the business end or is it pretty much the same diameter from end to end? got one, and i honestly thought i'd bought a duffer. it seemed to me that i had basically 35 yards of running line. anyway sent it back stating it was faulty etc and the guy i spoke to on the phone said 'nar mate thats how they are'. wasn't convinced so i got him to swap it for another. arrived today, and yep, its exactly the f*****g same now my quandry is this.... is he right and thats how they come().... or is he proper takin the p**s and sent me the same line back

please, some one put me out me misery
    stop what ya deein and.........

PB : cod 9lb 2oz Lynemouth Dec 10'

What weight is it Dicky, it might be that the taper is not as pronounced.
    only trying to help mate.

AIRFLO Sixth Sense Sinking Lines Fly Line

Taper: Long front taper (Delta Taper) Core: Power Core Coating: Polyfuse XT Dual layer system Recommended Polyleader: Trout, Sea Trout/Steelhead

Comment

its an 8wt topfly. might of been a bit hasty in my castigation of the poor lad, upon closer inspection it has become apparent that there is a definate taper, just not very pronounced not anywhere near as pronounced as my 6th sense fast glass and my fast sinker is a scientific anglers so couldn't really compare it to that.......

Comment

You will probs find it will cast like a deam into a stiff breeze with the way the line is constructed from the inside, and being a bit thinner. tight lines

Comment

will get its first outing on friday, off to langley dam, cannit wait hope the weather holds

Comment

Di Lines

Hi there. I use nothing else other than Airflo in my Di lines. ALL airflo floating lines are total sh*te but the Di lines are the best in the business. I use both the sixth sense and the standard lines.

You will find that because the lines are so heavy, and are made to sink so fast, they have to be thin to cut through the water. I own far too many Di lines, but if you look at a Di7 and a Di8, you will find they are even thinner.

Trust me, they are not supposed to be tapered like your standard floating lines otherwise they would not sink as fast. When I am fishing from a boat with a Di line, (especially the Di 7 and 8), make sure you are pulling them onto a wet cloth otherwise they will simply tangle as you cast with them being so thin.

Richard

Comment

thanks for that fluffchucker must agree about airflo floaters, utter pap. anyway, used the di5 at langley today and very pleased with it. casts and fishes well, landed 3 using it before tinkering with other lines and setups etc

Comment

Working...
              X