Be aware river derwent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be aware river derwent

a six mile stretch of the river derwent between allensford to ebchester was affected killing thousands of fish brown trout,minnows,sticklebacks,found this on ceefax page 166,this happend on tue of this week the enviroment agency were out in force just hope they sort this out

Cheer's for that Billy, I saw it on the local news a couple of nights ago and forgot to mention it. I really hope it gets sorted soon too, really bad news that.

Jim.
    Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

I joined the Derwent angling club last year and did enjoy fishing the river but its not really my cup of tea. Much prefer the wide open spaces of reservoirs.
      Also on the river had quite a few annoying midge bites.
      The spill has not helped-hope its ok for the next season.

Mick.
      Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

My father in law is a member as well Mick ,he loves the peace and quiet .... apart from the dog walkers and poachers it's great he reckons .

And as mentioned already I hope this get's sorted soon and doesn't affect further .
        You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

they have found the cause northumbria water have had a spill of chemicle,the river looks ok down rawlings gill,the water board has said it will restock the river,hope so they are also putting in new drains to stop the over flow of s**t going in the river when the drains over flow

Comment

Working...
          X