first outing of the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first outing of the year

first time out this year (since october if memory serves me right) went to langley with me pal 'fritz' (carl) and had a thoroughly good sesh wind did its best to spoil it but failed! tried out me new sinker as well and pleased with it, landed 3 on it to various lures and lost many more. carl managed 4 and he too dropped loads. also got a browny of about a pound (they always put a smile on me face no matter how big) tried a few diff lines and setups but basically they were down a wee bit.

after the last six months sea fishing it was smashin to have a 'proper' bend in the rod and summit takin line
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dicky mint; 27-02-2009, 04:06 PM.
    stop what ya deein and.........

PB : cod 9lb 2oz Lynemouth Dec 10'

Well done young-un.

You've got me really lookin' forward to 'The Start'.

I'm an owld fashioned owld bugger and I'll not kick-off till 22nd March: can't wait.

Comment

young un!

Originally posted by drof46 View Post
      Well done young-un.

You've got me really lookin' forward to 'The Start'.

I'm an owld fashioned owld bugger and I'll not kick-off till 22nd March: can't wait.
      made my day, haven't been called that for a long time

Comment

Canny sesh m8 Well Done, ive had a s**t winter fishing season so looking foward to to weting the Fly again i start 28th March. These are some of the Flys i start off with for the Stockies in the Rivers.

john.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Fishygone; 28-02-2009, 12:49 PM.
        One More Hoy

Comment

Originally posted by Fishygone View Post
          Canny sesh m8 Well Done, ive had a s**t winter fishing season so looking foward to to weting the Fly again i start 28th March. These are some of the Flys i start off with for the Stockies in the Rivers.

john.
          sweet little things john, tie them yourself?

Comment

Hi Dicky
            yes i tie all my own Flys, had about 10 lessons then bought the gear off ebay mostly, then invested in a very good tying book that cost £80 and went on from there. I am no pro far from it but getting better theres no better buzz than catching a fish on a fly you tyed yourself.

john.
            One More Hoy

Comment

Well done. I got my letter today from Northumbria water with information. Waters open mid March so will be getting back on the fresh water.
              Dicky how much did it cost to hire the boat.
              Cheers Mick.
              Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishygone View Post
                Hi Dicky
                yes i tie all my own Flys, had about 10 lessons then bought the gear off ebay mostly, then invested in a very good tying book that cost £80 and went on from there. I am no pro far from it but getting better theres no better buzz than catching a fish on a fly you tyed yourself.

john.
                agree totally john, tie most of me own stuff too. fish don't seem to mind!

Comment

Originally posted by mick dunn View Post
                  Well done. I got my letter today from Northumbria water with information. Waters open mid March so will be getting back on the fresh water.
                  Dicky how much did it cost to hire the boat.
                  Cheers Mick.
                  unfortunately fred has put the boat prices up for this year it's a whopping 6 quid for 4 hours (and i asuume it'll be double that for the day).
                  great fishery mick, can't reccomend it enough

Comment

Dicky has the boat got an engine-i want to take my son fishing at kielder and i think it would be much more fun in a low powered boat.
                    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

no engines mick but to be honest you don't need one, you can do a 'lap' paddlin in about 10 mins. great boats at kielder, big enough for 3 men (2 fishin at a time) and the motors are plenty fast, but not cheap at 25 quid for the day. think i'd give it till about may before venturing up kielder mind, unless we get a real good early spring

Comment

Working...
                      X