Fontburn advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fontburn advice.

I'm going upto Fontburn for the first time next week and planning to use bait rather than fly. Can anyone give me some advice on hook size, line strength etc as i'm quite new to all of this. I'm used to hoying 6oz weights with 30lb lines into big seas.....not recommended for trout me thinks !

my choice would be 10lb main line and a 3ft hook length of fluorocarbon to a size ten hook and a bunch of smallish worms fished on the ledger vary your distance and dont be afraid to cast along the bank if you have the wind in your face hope this helps

Comment

Fontburn

Thought it did'nt start till the 22nd, i'll be there on sunday if it's defo open mate. Fished it 3 times the year before last and bagged up on two of them, we had full bags by 11-30am using power bait, we did,nt even have time to roll a fag and they were on. We fished the dam wall where it gets stocked so all you catch are small but decent stockies, but they reckon there is some canny fish up the top end. Got my first on the fly fly aswell which i'll be trying a bit more of this year. Power bait is very good and we also done alright just to the left of the carpark near the hut on small lob worms, goodluck mate..

Comment

Working...
      X