Sonik fly rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonik fly rods

Anyone got any thoughts on the Sonik range of fly rods.

Just started on the reservoir fishing and had a cracking time the other day using bait but was thinking about giving the fly a go. Talked to a lad at Fontburn and he swears by the Sonik rod - any thoughts ?

got the sk4 7/8 weight 4 piece last year first class bit of kit use it now all the time orvis and carbotec rods stay in cupboard.
    john.

best fish 16lb cod tynemouth beach feb 2007

Comment

I've only been fly-fishing for about 6 months but got an SK4 7/8wt recently and have to say I'm well impressed with it - good price too!

Gary
      ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
      on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

Comment

A just got the Sonik SK3 7/8 fly on Sat!!!

Only had a few chucks with it but im really impressed with it,got the line further out than a ever had and it was windy!!!!!

All in all a reall ygood rod!!

Comment

To be honest i bought a relativy cheap set of gear and rod (10ft adder) with net bag flys ect bout £150 all 2gether.Brilliant deal amazingly good rod!
          My mate went out and bought a £200 greys and its like trying to fly fish with and beach rod it was impossible to catch so if you want a good rod the most expensive aint always the best! Get down to your local fishing shop if that is where you intend to buy it from and cheack it first
          keep kids off the streets, give them a rod.

Comment

I had a day out recently using a 10' #7 SK4 with matching reel and SK4 floater, I found it quite a decent setup.

Theres currently some very good rods available around that price range. You can pick up a recently discontinuded Platinum XD or Sharpes Gordon 2 for a little more, Scierra HM3 is a great rod too you can get them for £120. Hardys were selling off Demons for £140 recently because of a printing error on the logo, its allways worth calling them to see if they have any offers on.

Rod choice is very subjective though, in an ideal world I would allways see if you can try before you buy as you may not get on with it. I recently spent quite a bit of cash on a Sage Z-Axis only to find out it wasnt for me.
            Last edited by pete; 25-03-2009, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Chers everyone - read the earlier report on the Greys rod and i'm torn between the two. Got an email off Alan Charlton with some good advice - so thanks once again to you all.

Comment

Originally posted by stumps View Post
                Chers everyone - read the earlier report on the Greys rod and i'm torn between the two. Got an email off Alan Charlton with some good advice - so thanks once again to you all.
                Stumps, if the advice from alan is about sonic which i suspect it is then rember sonic are sponsoring his pages so he will be in favour of their product and if the advice is not pushing you towards sonic then please accept my appologies alan.

regards
                Terry
                If people think you are an idiot, why speak and remove all doubt !

Comment

Give the Sonik office a ring and go and see them - you can see for yourself then
                  Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                  I AGREE

Comment

Last edited by rod-the-cod; 28-03-2009, 12:04 PM.
                    Goal for 2012 a 30lber
                    http://www.bullrushlake.com/

Comment

sonik

Been in touch with the office and i'm going around next wednesday to try a couple of the rods.....thanks for all the advice.

Comment

Does anyone know whereabouts they are in blyth?
                        or which local dealers stock their gear?

Comment

Originally posted by musky View Post
                          Does anyone know whereabouts they are in blyth?
                          or which local dealers stock their gear?
                          Coniston Court, Riverside Business Park

SONIK SPORTS
                          Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                          I AGREE

Comment

can you buy from the place at blyth m8? or at least have a look at their gear
                            have a couple of m8s starting out and looking to possibly buy some fly gear

Comment

You can buy direct from them - go in and speak to any of them and they'll be more than willing to help
                              Ooh a new vid!

I AGREE

Comment

Working...
                              X