Derwent today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derwent today

Well lads set off 10:30 with my mate Ian for a good days fishing. Got to the road off the A68 and it was closed.
    Every route in closed due to a cycle milk race. Roads closed 10 am re-open 3pm.
    Back home and had some dinner just waiting to return now.
    We will still have 3pm-8pm - on a stress buster ticket for £15-4 fish so all is not lost. I,ll update as to how we get on.
    mick.
    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

sorry mick I meant to post on here last night but was to busy being a taxi for the kids hope you have a good session better weather than yesterday atleast

Comment

Well after dinner back up and in the lodge 2:30pm. Ian got a quick lesson off Clive and we paid our fees.
      Headed for the bay of plenty-quite a few lads fishing right hand side as you walk down tried opposite but to windy so went in the crowd.Only saw one fish caught but i did feel a couple of tugs on the black fritz. Got to about 6:30 and with no sun and it being cold we decided to walk back over the other side. in the sun. Started again. Everyone left and me and Ian were on our own. Wind dropped. I put on a cats wisker and hit my first big fish. Looked about 3-4lb it popped out of the water when hooked and spat the hook.Still it showed there was something there. Kept at it and at long last hit a Rainbow bout pound an half. Next i hit another big one-3 1/2 pounder. got this in. Ian was struggling but doing ok for his first time. We swopped rods and I hooked another fish and let Ian bring it in. Turned out to be a nice blue trout pound and half. Then Ian who had to use floating line caught his first ever trout on his own with an orange fritz. A nice rainbow well over 2lb.
      At 8:10 we had to leave due to no light. An enjoyable-cold day. Makes a change actually catching fish again after the sea fishing season of late.

Comment

Ians sleek Rainbow was actually full of roe which makes me think it overwintered. did not realise the fish actually breed in the reservoir.

Mick.

Comment

have a look at its tail it will have silver lines running along it and will be perfectly finned compared to a stockie which normally will have fin damage due to the cages they are reared in, the blues seem to fight above their weight but still wouldnt mind catching one of those tigers £400 on their head now

Comment

Derwent Res.

Seems like 'The Big Watta' has started the season well. Must give it a go soon.

Well done to the lads.

Comment

Well done lads at least ya both caught nice one.
              Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Originally posted by mick dunn View Post
                Ians sleek Rainbow was actually full of roe which makes me think it overwintered. did not realise the fish actually breed in the reservoir.

Mick.
                Rainbows divvent usually breed in land locked lakes BUT that doesn't stop a hen fish from producing hundreds or even thousands of eggs. It's just that the cock fish are unable to fertilize them so there's nee babbies

That's why most fisheries stock 'triploid' trout as they are 'sexless' and the energy usually expended in producing useless eggs goes towards putting on weight.

Comment

Working...
                X