waskerley today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waskerley today

had a drive up to waskerley today with the dogs was blowing a hooly 1 guy fishing sitting hudled up in the corner of the dam wall. looks a nice place to fish will give it a go on a nice calm day any way wasent a complete waste of time dogs got 2 rabbits and a pheasant. stopped for a pint at the moorcock to thaw out looks like bunny for tea.
    john.

best fish 16lb cod tynemouth beach feb 2007

I,m going to give it a go up there sometime-middle of nowhere. was the fishing lodge open where the honesty box is. Closed last time i was up for a look.
    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

[QUOTE=FISHMAN;169325]had a drive up to waskerley today with the dogs was blowing a hooly 1 guy fishing sitting hudled up in the corner of the dam wall. looks a nice place to fish will give it a go on a nice calm day any way wasent a complete waste of time dogs got 2 rabbits and a pheasant. stopped for a pint at the moorcock to thaw out looks like bunny for tea.[/QUOTE

Not surprised about the weather, I live in the Gateshead area and, almost without exception there's two things that are guaranteed re. Waskerley:

1. It's ganna be at least five degrees colder than at home and
      2. The wind's ganna be at least five miles an hour stronger

AND I'm up there twice a week!

Comment

[QUOTE=drof46;169335]
        Originally posted by FISHMAN View Post

AND I'm up there twice a week!
        can you fish with bait there?

cheers...........tom
        gettin a rod for wor lass, should be a good swap!

Comment

[QUOTE=t0mb0la;169347]
          Originally posted by drof46 View Post

can you fish with bait there?

cheers...........tom
          Wheyaye - worm and minnow only (nee maggot, powerbait, sweetcorn or nowt like that)

Comment

Originally posted by FISHMAN View Post
            had a drive up to waskerley today with the dogs was blowing a hooly 1 guy fishing sitting hudled up in the corner of the dam wall. looks a nice place to fish will give it a go on a nice calm day any way wasent a complete waste of time dogs got 2 rabbits and a pheasant. stopped for a pint at the moorcock to thaw out looks like bunny for tea.

SHHHHH' shhhhh, shhhhh.

Game 'out of season'. Keep that between ye and your derg.

Ye nivva knaa whees viewin' this site!

Drof

Comment

yes lodge was open i live in gateshead as well your right about the weather different planet up there lad i work with comes from moorside have to get weather imfo of him before fishing.
              john.

best fish 16lb cod tynemouth beach feb 2007

Comment

Whats the tactics with fly-is there any method or type of fly.

Comment

Originally posted by mick dunn View Post
                  Whats the tactics with fly-is there any method or type of fly.
                  Wheyaye Mick,

Been up today and got 3 'bows and a brown out using fly first-off and finishing the day worming.

It takes a canny while for the water to warm up, being so high, so you need to get the flies down to the lower layers and worms need to be fished no more than a yard off the bottom.

I use an intermediate line with a slow retrieve and little dark flies. Works almost every time

Cheors,

Drof

Comment

I like to fish with my other rod on a ledger just for a break-read the paper time.will have to pop in amh and get some worms. when i venture up.
                    Thinking about poss sun this weekend but might be busy. I am days off thurs 9th and fri 10th april so poss then when its quite and i can get a ticket.
                    I,ll contact the secretary whose number i have.
                    Cheers Mick.

Comment

I like to fish with my other rod on a ledger just for a break-read the paper time.will have to pop in amh and get some worms. when i venture up.
                      Thinking about poss sun this weekend but might be busy. I am days off thurs 9th and fri 10th april so poss then when its quite and i can get a ticket.
                      I,ll contact the secretary whose number i have.
                      Cheers Mick.
                      Gan canny though, Mick.

We've got a strict rule which says that you are only allowed to have one rod assembled at a time. So if you are fishing the fly , pull your bait rod apart and vice versa.

Its to stop people hoyin' a bait out and fishin' the fly at the same time.

Cheors.

Comment

Nee probs - only ever use one rod at a time now. Got caught at Derwent when i first started and felt shan. Me being an occifer of the law an all.Baliff lads just ticked me off. Mind i did not tell them what i did.
                        Last few times i have been with the fly i have only used this method-its more challenging

Comment

Nee probs - only ever use one rod at a time now. Got caught at Derwent when i first started and felt shan. Me being an occifer of the law an all.Baliff lads just ticked me off. Mind i did not tell them what i did.
                          Last few times i have been with the fly i have only used this method-its more challenging
                          mick once you get your confidence up on the fly you will not want to worm fish I allways take my worm rods up but leave them in the car unless I have the kids with me , Ive found it best to move along the bankside picking up the odd fish rather than staying rooted to one spot waiting for the fish to come to you

Comment

Working...
                          X