sharpley this evening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sharpley this evening

flew down after work on me first solo fly trip, got there and started by 6, there was a bloke in the hut who was a bit eager with the nasty crack but showed me what to do with me monies etc, fished all around the big pond and tried most of the flies in the box, after 2 hours of sketchy casting and mutterd curses i finally got one and had a renewed vigour when the fish were practically leaping out of the water, these two blokes near were whipping em out but were avoiding eye contact at all costs, fished till i couldn't see where the water was and was home by 9, perfect.

got a 'bow on fly shown

hooray for fly fishing!..........tom
    Attached Files
    gettin a rod for wor lass, should be a good swap!

Tom, the blokes you mentioned were Peter Appleby and Fred Bainbridge.
    If people think you are an idiot, why speak and remove all doubt !

Comment

Originally posted by YoursTruly View Post
      Tom, the blokes you mentioned were Peter Appleby and Fred Bainbridge.
      ok, who are Peter Appleby and Fred Bainbridge?

Comment

WELL DONE YOUNG SIR ...........aye fly fishin's alreet but thas nowt like catchin a 3 inch flatty on ya beechcaster with a 7oz griper and 30 pood line straight through. now thats proper gadgees fishin like

Comment

Peter's one of the top north east competition anglers, fred fishes for peters team, both catch lots of fish on most small water venues.
          If people think you are an idiot, why speak and remove all doubt !

Comment

Sound like a right pair of miseries. Its funny how when you sea fish you hardly get that.
            Well done on the fish tom.
            Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

sounds like ya enjoyed it well done mate nice fish.
              Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Aye, well,

It's the way fly-fishing used to be two or three decades ago : a bit like golf.

A bit 'upper-clarse' and not for the 'Common Person'.

Some of these tossers still think that way and they are more to be pitied than admired. Thankfully they are literally 'dying-out'

I remember attempting to fish a Northumbrian lake in the 60's and the owld ex-forces t--t in charge, admonished me for wearing jeans and 'would Sir like to borrow a tie'!!!

He wasn't best pleased at my reply!

Fly fishing's for EVERYONE now, as it should be

Cheors,

Drof

Comment

well done on catching mate,look forward to my first one
                  FIND THE ROCKS AND KELP AND YOU WILL FIND ME

http://www.freewebs.com/jc-tiling-services/

Comment

Well done on your catch mate there will be plenty more to follow.

You will find as you meet more people in the fishing world that the majority are great people who offer loads off advice, part with their flys and in general do their utmost to help out.
                    There are the odd ones who keep themselves to themselves and are a wee bit shy to pass on any tips or info but who cares.

Stick at it mate its, a wonderful passtime and you can't beat that tap tap on the line or that surging run of a caught fish.

Thats it, I'm off to drown a fly.

seddo

Comment

cheers lads, those guys weren't too bad, and they were catching fish like it was going out of fashion, some others were full of advice and smiles, can't wait to get out again, to higham bank holiday weekend, whicked

Comment

ive been to sharpley the last three tuesdays . they seem a canny bunch of lads and good fishing ...
                        Goal for 2012 a 30lber
                        http://www.bullrushlake.com/

Comment

well done..

Comment

try millenium lakes up gilford scotland you will be in for a treat there m8,realy good fish .it would an experience for you,nice catch report and well done

Comment

Working...
                            X