derwent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• derwent

Could anybody tell me if Derwent is open as normal on easter Sunday,thinking about taking the boy fishing there.
    thanks.

I believe its the same as Good Friday 8.00 am until 7.30 pm. better get there sharp cos it will be heaving.
    Took an hour to pay fees on Friday due to the queues and I got there for 7.30 am.
    Had a cracking day caught 6 between me and me bro on power bait, bloke next to us caught his max using fly, yet the lads either side caught nowt.
    The fish are not far out small chuck with long lead. You could see the fish surfacing more so later on in the afternoon and I was gutted that I hadnt took me fly rod. Fished Pow hill.
    Level of water is low and receding, must have dropped another foot whilst we were fishing.
    “There are them That Know, them That Don't Know and them That Don't Know They Don't Know "

Comment

Thanks mate,we fished last sunday and caught six on the power bait all around 2lb except one which was three,missed a few as well,as you say fish were close in shallow water and were taking the green bait as opposed to any other colours.

Comment

was heaving up there this morning when I drove past, must have been over 20 rods in the bay of plenty

conditions about perfect, not a breath of wind out here at the moment
        ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
        Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

The conditions are ideal-but i don,t like fishing when its crowded. I,ll be back up with my son probs next wed.or thurs. we will see.
          Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

pistol were you in the hut marking your fish down about 5pm on friday , if so you were the lad me and my mate were talking to i had 7 and my mate had 6 on the fly in the bay

Comment

Had me first ever day fly fishing today and really enjoyed it. 4 of us managed 20 in total with me getting 5 and sunburned. Knacked now but had a belta of a day.

Comment

Aye Steveb that was me. The two of you had a cracking catch, I'm still hoping to get me double figure fish and will certainly be trying the fly next time I'm up there.
                Enjoy.
                “There are them That Know, them That Don't Know and them That Don't Know They Don't Know "

Comment

Its the little tiger you want thats worth £400 smackeroos.
                  Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

pistol ive only ever fished on the fly there , the lad i was with has done the bait side and has had some good days, i know a couple of lads that start on the bait and if its pants or they have a good morning they go on the fly afterwards it also breaks up the day, when i seen you at the hut i thought that i had seen you before do you go to frasers, just im from gateshead to

mick i keep trying for them tigers but they just dont want what ive got on , i was thinking of using dynamite next time im up to see if i can get one out

Comment

Aye normally go to Frasers for me lug/rag/macky as I normally sea fish.
                      Still waiting for me first codling though.

Comment

same here mate , ive had a couple of codling out at craster earlier this year nowt massive a couple round the 5lb mark but ive retired my sea gear for the moment and stickin with the fly,

Comment

Originally posted by steveb View Post
                          pistol ive only ever fished on the fly there , the lad i was with has done the bait side and has had some good days, i know a couple of lads that start on the bait and if its pants or they have a good morning they go on the fly afterwards it also breaks up the day, when i seen you at the hut i thought that i had seen you before do you go to frasers, just im from gateshead to

mick i keep trying for them tigers but they just dont want what ive got on , i was thinking of using dynamite next time im up to see if i can get one out
                          Steve, If ye join wor club, ye get 10% off everything ye buy from 'Frasers' includin' 'Dynamite'.

Ye just hev to show ya club card at the till.

Comment

cheers drof46 but i get 10% off anyway mate, but thanks for the offer

Comment

Working...
                            X