Waskerly 15/04/2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waskerly 15/04/2009

Well eventually got down for an afternoons fishing with my young son.. Used worm on just one rod-as soon as it was in the water it was bite after bite. Loads of small brownies.
    Had a quick go with the fly in between and one bigger fish snapped my fly off.
    Caught our regulation two and after a couple of hours came home.
    Two brownies only small but keepable.Weather was foggy damp and cold.
    Still i can think of worse ways to spend a tenner (like our lass lending it for her hair).I prefer the Derwent as the Rainbows are bigger.
    Mick.
    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Nice 1 Mick mate, at least your caught and had a good afternoon although it was not glorious weather for yous
    FIND THE ROCKS AND KELP AND YOU WILL FIND ME

http://www.freewebs.com/jc-tiling-services/

Comment

Waskerley

Been abroad for a while Mick otherwise I would have responded sooner.

Pleased you and the Bairn had a canny day.

When I got back this morning, there was a message on my answerphone telling me that 'stocking is taking place on Friday' BUT as I don't have the 'day and time' facility properly set, I don't know whether it was last Friday or tomorrow. I'll find out tonight though and let you know.

Drof

Comment

trout

was fishing up there on sunday,was a canny day no one blanked fished at bottom near the little pond,

Comment

Originally posted by lasthope View Post
          was fishing up there on sunday,was a canny day no one blanked fished at bottom near the little pond,
          The 'Little Pond' is knaan as 'The dock', but divvent forget that there's always a canny few fish in the dock itself. They swim in when the water level is above the wall and, of course, when the level drops, they cannot get oot!

Pleased yeeze had a canny day, anyway.

Drof.

Comment

trout

did not fish in that little pond but just along next to wall,me mate fished next to that path that goes from the wall down to the res,and i fished to the right of him,seemed to be catching them next to that pole or wood that sticks out of water a bit,only fished on worn

Comment

Originally posted by drof46 View Post
              Been abroad for a while Mick otherwise I would have responded sooner.

Pleased you and the Bairn had a canny day.

When I got back this morning, there was a message on my answerphone telling me that 'stocking is taking place on Friday' BUT as I don't have the 'day and time' facility properly set, I don't know whether it was last Friday or tomorrow. I'll find out tonight though and let you know.

Drof
              Reet Then,

As I said 'I've been out of touch' BUT there WAS a stocking on Friday 17th April although it was only 180 fish 'owed' from a previous stocking which was incomplete.

Next Full stocking of 300+ fish will be at the end of first week in May.

Tight Lines,

Drof.

Comment

Working...
              X