Rod kaput.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod kaput.

Guys you are never going to believe this but my starter rod the Lureflash snapped today. I fished from 3pm until 8pm and on one of my last casts in the bay of plenty i hooked into a bluey. On the way back for my net which was on the bank - top of the rod snapped---gutted to say the least. Still on reflection i was using my new greys reel and three lines so maybe its time for that new rod. I fancy Sonic SK4. £119 at reservoir plus you get a days fishing free - so in effect its £99.
    Heres the bluey which was full of roe-thats why it lookes skinny cos it was coming out. Its in two fillets now in the freezer for my mate.
    Fishing was very hard work today. Lost two and caught one.

Mick. Ps thats the three bust pieces of the end of me rod.
    Last edited by mick dunn; 22-04-2009, 09:00 PM. Reason: add information.
    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

New rod

Mick I bought myself a Greys GRXI nine foot six 7/8 and am more than happy with it. The sonik is a good rod but I wud not rule out the greys.

Comment

derwent

Mick how many limit bags were there today and how many nil returns ?

Comment

Yes im watching one of the greys grxi 7-8 on flea bay for £89. Looks canny and you get a tube to put it in.

Comment

saw a couple score across the board but few looked empty.
          It was hard work today but thats fishing for you. I started off at Millishield picnic site and bloke next to me caught a couple on cats whiskers. I left after half an hour of nowt and went to the bay which was empty. Wind was hard work but bearable. Had a couple of shy tugs one on a dawsons olive lure. Lost a couple on cats whiskers myself. Tried loads of different things. Wet flies.etc. but the old cats whisker did the bizz again. One of those blue trout is swimming round with one of my whiskers in its mouth. My line snapped off.

Comment

hard lines about the rod,
            but it might be the reflection of the fish
            it looks like a rainbow

sless

Comment

Looked up the Lueflash website on google and gave them a ring. "Send the rod down Mr Dunn and we,ll repair or replace the part". Just put a £15 cheque in. £2.70 postage and its gone today. My thinking is i like the rod its lovely with a 6wf line and my son Tom is nearly 11 and he has been wanting a go at the old fly so he can use it. Think is better than just hoying it out and it will always be a good reserve if i do upgrade.
              Mick.
              Sess defo a bluey mate-i,ve gaught loads of rainbows.
              Seemed like a blue day one of the fish i lost was also a bluey i saw the bugger when it leapt out of the water snapping my 4lb trace line.

Comment

That's great news Mick, excellent service, great result mate.

Jim.
                Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

Well went up to Derwent today with the intention of getting a sonic SK4. And thats exactly what i bought. 9-1/2 foot 7-8. £109. But also bargained a free days fishing worth £20.
                  Tried the SK 3 nice rod and cheaper but just like the vipor.

Comment

mick i was at millshield yesterday as well, i got 4 there and put 1 back my mate got 1, we followed you round to the bay, my mate was the hard one who fished in a t shirt and waistcoat, fool forgot his jacket, we went for a swifty to the manor pub on the way back

Comment

i got the same rod last year its the buisness.
                      john.

best fish 16lb cod tynemouth beach feb 2007

Comment

Nice one Mick I'm pleased you got somewhere with the repair of the rod I had the same problem last year with a shakespear and had no joy so lovely to hear!!
                        Ivan

Fishing is eternal optimism!!!

Comment

Alright steve thought about lending your mate my camo coat but it turned out colder later on and i knew i,d need it.
                          After you left tried the other side of the bay in the sunshine. As it got later the wind just seemed to disappear. Water went like a mill pond and fishing really came on. When the rod snapped there was only about half an hour of light. As i went i could see the fish rising.
                          I,m now sitting here thinking should i have got a sonic when greys seems to be the best name. Time will tell i suppose.
                          Mick.

Comment

we would have stayed longer if he had remembered his jacket but i think he done well to stay that long, atleast you managed to get a fish out but shame about your rod mate

Comment

Working...
                            X