No announcement yet.

pike fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its happening all over because of a few idiots.Two year ago me and a mate were talking to a farmer at Loch foot.
    He told us about 4 lads from the NE, who cut the locks off two gates and drove there van down to the pumping station.When they got there they started cutting down trees to start a fire,As they were planning on camping.When the farm manager came and complained,they gave him a right kicking and he ended up in hospital.
    The police were called but the lads got away.
    I fish Loch Ken a lot and some times the rubbish left on the pegs is unbelievable,when theres plenty of rubbish bins "next" to the pegs.
    And you wonder why the fishing has been stopped on a lot of venues...

Comment

As far as the right to roam in Scotland is concerned my understanding is that you can go anywhere as long as you cause no damage...you are also allowed to coarse fish anywhere....but there is a big BIG but that accompanies that.

Historically the Scots laws are based aound trout and salmon. I spent a month in a hotel that backed onto a salmon river which back in the seventies was noted for roach...so i fancied giving it a go as I was at that time a keen coarse angler.

The rules at that time said I could fish it free as long as I stuck to the rules.

You must have your rod in your hand at all times...kinda hard if you are pike fishing.

You can not set a fixed line...thats ledgering out then (although the background to this is setting longlines for poaching salmon)

Your bait must be moving at all times.

All common stuff for game fishing but hard to conform to when coarse fishing.

Simply put if you put a rod rest in the ground and try to claim a right to fish you will be for the high jump.

I used to fish Loch Foot a lot ...and I mean a lot ...there used to be a boat u could hire from the pub to get to the two small islands in the middle. Apparently some geordies stole it!

If you can get to those islands for a weekend you will get some stunning fishing if our results were anything to go by. A ten metre pole gives you fishing to hand in 27ft of water and bream all day! Best bag 11 bream for 73lb. And when the bream are not feeding we have had a 120lb bag of roach and skimmers in 6 hours between two of us.

Cheers
      Dave
      Save our Sharks Member
      SACN NE Regional Co-Ordinator
      NSFC RSA representative

Comment

Should have offered the farmer some cash-might have cheered the miserable sod up.
        Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Aye, poor farmers, eh?

POOR, POOR FARMERS!

Comment

Thanks for that 'davem'.

I recently built a 16ft Canadian canoe which has the capability to carry 55 stone i.e. acouple of lads plus camping/fishing gear.

Is there anywhere you can launch and park without incurring the wrath of our Jockish landowners?

Cheors,

Drof

Comment

Last time we went to Loch Ken we decided to fish the pump house ,loads of rubbish and the usual chopped down trees etc etc ,we fished the bank opposite the time before and even the tree stumps had been burned ...some cabbage obviously tried to burn a load of trees from the ground up !!!!!

It's no wonder land owners /managers get peed off with it .

I'm obviously not tarring everyone with the same brush ....however you can see why the people who own these places DO see all anglers as idiots, and of course if you throw in a few tales of "blokes with geordie accents " doing daft things then that doesn't help us at all .

Karl I agree with having a second venue in the back of your mind as you never know what's coming .....as you found out unfortunately mate.
              You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

As yet no reply,but i fully agree with what has been said here,there is idiots out there and we all seem to get tared with the same brush,its something that you have to put up with ,so next time an irate farmer comes over and tells you to move ,put yourself in his shoes, he might have had a few litter leaving louts fishing there the week before,and so he won't put up with it any more ,it will spoil your day, but there is nothing you can do except move to the second venue .A lesson learned ,hope it helps anyone who is in the same situation as we were,always have a second venue in mind ,especially when you are travelling quite a few miles,and most of all don't leave any litter and leave the place as you found it ,with all the trees in place,try and treat it as your own i always do.
                I'M NOT FAT ITS JUST THAT I HAVE A SLIPPED CHEST

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                  As yet no reply,but i fully agree with what has been said here,there is idiots out there and we all seem to get tared with the same brush,its something that you have to put up with ,so next time an irate farmer comes over and tells you to move ,put yourself in his shoes, he might have had a few litter leaving louts fishing there the week before,and so he won't put up with it any more ,it will spoil your day, but there is nothing you can do except move to the second venue .A lesson learned ,hope it helps anyone who is in the same situation as we were,always have a second venue in mind ,especially when you are travelling quite a few miles,and most of all don't leave any litter and leave the place as you found it ,with all the trees in place,try and treat it as your own i always do.
                  That's the trouble Bonny Lad. The raggy ar--d ba----ds don't even know how to treat their own environment with respect and it's left to respectable folk to carry the can for them.

Don't let it put you off BUT there's nowt normal folk can do about these toe-rags of society.

Drof

Comment

Working...
                  X