Waskerley Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waskerley Friday

Had a toddle up the lake yesterday afternoon with me fly kit.

Just wellies (nee big plodgers) and walked well down the South bank to fish my way back to the car.

Finished up with nine brownies (six skinnies and three good-uns) all nee mair than 15 yards out on an inter. line and small balck flies with red or flourescent tags.

There were only five or six members on and one Day Ticket lad.

Everyone had fish: one member had 12 on worm and the Day Ticket lad had 6 on the fly and he was wearing trainers(so deep plodging isn't necessary)

It really is fishing its plums off

Tight lines,

Drof

fish

whats crack on day ticket if you fish worm,can u catch as many as you like and keep 2,or is it any fish that makes 2 and your off,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,here that many storys

Comment

Drof is there a 2 fish bag limit for worm fishing-could have sworn i read this. And there is no catch and release with the worm.
      Mick.
      Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

trout

most be one rule for one and fu-ck the rest,lol

Comment

Aye Lads,

It does seem a bit unfair BUT 'Members' fishing the worm (barbless), can catch and release as many as they like until the second fish is killed - then quits.

Day Ticket wormers cannot catch and release so, ('strictly speaking') it's two fish then home.

Day ticket fly anglers, again 'barbless' can catch and release as many as they like the same as members.

Cheors,

Drof.

Comment

trout

what about if fish is under size,is there a limit what size to keep,

Comment

Originally posted by lasthope View Post
              what about if fish is under size,is there a limit what size to keep,
              10 inches from the tip of the nose to the fork of the tail.

Tell you what though as there's nee limit on how big a worming hook can be (although it can't be LESS than size 10), if you use a large-ish, de-barbed hook, it's more difficult for the fish to get it to the back of the throat. So if you give it plenty of slack as it approaches the net there's a good chance that it will 'get off'.

For fly fishing, the MAXIMUM hook size is 10.

Cheors,

Drof.

Comment

fish

lol like your last post dude

Comment

Funny you should have said that drof cos a couple of mine got off just before they got in the landing net.
                  Mick.
                  Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Originally posted by mick dunn View Post
                    Funny you should have said that drof cos a couple of mine got off just before they got in the landing net.
                    Mick.
                    LOL!! its amazing what abit slack line does
                    Ivan

Fishing is eternal optimism!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X