Derwent 28/04/09.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derwent 28/04/09.

Well lads met up with a couple of mates from work for a sesh on Derwent. We started at Millishield. Because it was raining seemed to be quiet.
    Jon who was having his first day fishing on the fly got the first rainbow using sinking line and a small black fly. Keith my other mate went along to the right towards the bay. I stayed on the left. Had couple of fish on but they were shy and managed to get off. Also a couple of tugs-these were also shy.
    Ater a few hours i went round the bay of plenty in my motor. No one else there. Mind it just rained and rained and even got heavier.
    Tried all sorts,lures,wets,buzzers-but no luck.
    Saw Keith get one at Millishield he had resorted to a daddy on floating line.
    Tried this myself and again nowt.
    Got to 7:30 pm and i,d had enough of the rain and called it a day.
    Bit disappointed with the sk4 felt heavy compared to my Vipor lureflash.
    Still might not be used to it and i did blank.
    Mick.
    PS is it me or is it always shi-e fishing in rain.
    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

id rather be fishing in the rain than working in the dry mick ...even with a blank well done on a fish

Comment

Hard lines Mick, I'm going up on thursday but sounds like the place is drying up as quick as the winter sea fishing.
      Is the level of the Derwent still dropping off.
      “There are them That Know, them That Don't Know and them That Don't Know They Don't Know "

Comment

Sounds like a rough session, mate.

Still, at least you had a go with a little something to show for it.

I've fished the fly all my life and, you're right, you seldom get fish in a downpour.
        Before the rain-Aye or just efta the rain but not usually when it's beltin' doon.

AND if you are talking 'thundery conditions' NEVER!. I reckon that troot can detect the low pressure afore a thunderstorm and take a nosedive.

Nerw, aa knaa somebody's ganna come on here and telliz that they took their best bag in a thunderstorm, thats fishin for ye.

Ye nivva really knaa.

Drof

P.S.
        Being excellent electrical conductors, carbon fibre rods are a strict no-no when it thunders.

Comment

Aye the levels going down. Millishield now has a beach. The bay is like a mud bath,couple of times i slipped and nearly went arse over tit.
          As to SK4 rang sonic today about the gaurantee (if you not happy 28 day money back ) spoke to a director. He said just take it back to the reservoir and swap it. I fancy the fast action SK3. Think i might even get a ten footer. Rang the rese and lads said nee probs.I,ll pop up sat. SK3 WF 7-8.
          As to the thunderstorms and rain i defo think it makes fishing in the reservoir hard work. Nothing like at the coast when rain means nowt.
          One of my mates did say yesterday once he,d have filled his bag but one fish all day ?.
          Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Originally posted by kela66 View Post
            id rather be fishing in the rain than working in the dry mick ...even with a blank
            well said!
            gettin a rod for wor lass, should be a good swap!

Comment

Originally posted by kela66 View Post
              id rather be fishing in the rain than working in the dry mick ...even with a blank well done on a fish
              Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
              I AGREE

Comment

Cracking mug, by the way has anybody else heard that there are 2000 fish going into derwent this weekend. I was informed by a txt from northumbrian water.?????
                “There are them That Know, them That Don't Know and them That Don't Know They Don't Know "

Comment

Working...
                X