Derwent 03/05/2009.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derwent 03/05/2009.

Hello lads - just in. Started 12pm at other side of the sailing club today-couple hours and nowt.
    Moved into the bay of plenty for some shelter from the wind. Thought a lot of guys were tresspassing fishing right along the edges.
    One of the lads came to check tickets and told me it was all open now as long as you kept out of the sailing club.
    I went down to the very end. Millishield was across the water. Again no luck so ended up back in the bay. Left about 9pm.
    no fish-----9 hrs. Had a couple of tugs to show for the day but when i think about it i spent 9 hrs in custody at Peterlee the other day and i know what i enjoyed the most.
    The Greys remained to be christened-impressed with the rod.
    Pleny of fish caught by few people today and all i would say to anyone going up tomorrow is make sure you use Dawsons Olive on an intermediate line. The bay just been stocked too. (think they must have all bu--ered off when i was there).
    Tight lines lads.
    Mick.
    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

hi mick i was up ther yesterday as well, i was up the top with millshield opposite , i got 6 out with best 5lb.1oz and my mate got 8 out his best 8lb we were using cats, we left there about 4.30 just as the lad was coming round to check tickets, i bet we must have dropped about 24 fish as well between us
    Last edited by steveb; 04-05-2009, 08:28 AM.

Comment

unlucky Mick mate, maybe a change of venue is called for to christen ya greys
      FIND THE ROCKS AND KELP AND YOU WILL FIND ME

http://www.freewebs.com/jc-tiling-services/

Comment

unlucky mick, but ya out there doin it. you need a little luck up there mick, find a shoal and you'll bag up, if you don't (and go where the fish were)............................................. ..... next time m8

sounds like a canny sesh steve, there crackin fish by derwent's standards (by anybodys standards for that matter)

dicky
        stop what ya deein and.........

PB : cod 9lb 2oz Lynemouth Dec 10'

Comment

Hello Steve i think i saw you right out on the corner. I cannot catch a fish for love nor money at the moment. When you were using cats whiskers were they on a shortish leader on intermediate line ?. Where the whiskers plain without gold heads.
          I,m back out again next Sunday and my mate at work is on about going to Kielder-might have a look up.
          I used Dawsons olive,black fritz.gold fritz,consett budgie,cats whisker all with gold heads.
          MInd i was not the only one struggling.
          Mick-i had the black body warmer on top of my camo coat in the bay.
          Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

yes mick i was right out , there was 2 of us to start then a lad that was strugglig came and joined us for a bit, the cats were ones with silver chain eyes and a bit of flash in them, i had a dawsons on at first and got loads of tugs on it, it also had silver chain eyes me and the lad that was at derwent with me are going to kielder on saturday on a boat, i will stick some pics up of the flies that i used for you

Comment

here are the two lures that i used mick

Comment

nice flies steve, you tie them yourself? nice subtle little differences from the norm tha's nee wonder he's baggin up mick, i would eat that cats lol
                stop what ya deein and.........

PB : cod 9lb 2oz Lynemouth Dec 10'

Comment

cheers dicky, yes mate i did tie them, ive only been tying for a few months and the lures arnt to bad to do, the front of the cats has a bit white uv straggle on it as well as a bit crystal flash on the back so it had a bit glint in the water

Comment

Working...
                  X