No announcement yet.

What am i doing wrong.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not had much luck with the boobies--the few guys i do see fishing do not like the sinking lines and prefer the sporting method of an intermediate.
    Thanks for the info Charlie i will have a look.
    Mick.
    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Boobies

It's right what the lads are saying: because trout usually take the Boobie in very deep, it makes 'Catch-and-Release' awkward.

However, if there's a bit of a 'wave' on, try 'skidding' a boobie across the surface as you would a 'wake' fly. The 'follows' are often obvious and exciting and the 'take', heart-stopping.

Don't forget, any fly can be tied 'Booby' style. I've tied 'Dawson's', 'Cats',
      'Appetisers' and many more all with 'styrene boobs'.

You may be able to add poly balls to a 'bought' lure simply by wrapping them tightly in a piece of cling film and whipping them on to the eye of the hook.

Won't look owa pretty but might work.

Tight lines,

Drof.

Comment

[QUOTE=drof46;171899]It's right what the lads are saying: because trout usually take the Boobie in very deep, it makes 'Catch-and-Release' awkward.

However, if there's a bit of a 'wave' on, try 'skidding' a boobie across the surface as you would a 'wake' fly. The 'follows' are often obvious and exciting and the 'take', heart-stopping.

Don't forget, any fly can be tied 'Booby' style. I've tied 'Dawson's', 'Cats',
        'Appetisers' and many more all with 'styrene boobs'.

You may be able to add poly balls to a 'bought' lure simply by wrapping them tightly in a piece of cling film and whipping them on to the eye of the hook.

Won't look owa pretty but might work.

Tight lines,

I wrap the styrene balls in nylon from our lasses old tights I say old coz she goes daft when I use ones she's wearin and it tricky cutting a moving target LOL
        Ivan

Fishing is eternal optimism!!!

Comment

Aye, I've done that afore (not with YOUR lasses tights of course)

I found that the material taken from the gusset catches mair fish.

Aa divint reely knaa why!

Tight lines,

Drof.

Comment

Pmsl:d:d:d

Right come on lads gussets and boobies its all getting too much
            Ivan

Fishing is eternal optimism!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iva-Cod-on View Post

I wrap the styrene balls in nylon from our lasses old tights
              i've wrapped some balls in the gusset of wor lass' tights before but i'd already been fishin that day!
              gettin a rod for wor lass, should be a good swap!

Comment

Working...
              X