New Airflow WF floater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Airflow WF floater

I got a new airflow ultra supple ridge line WF9 floater with the offer when you subscribe to trout fisherman after Mick tipped me off about it.
    It came inside a week and tried it on sunday up at a place called Hass water south of jedburgh off the A68 and have to say it is great no annoyin memory with the same performance well impressed so far just hope it doesn't turn coily like the last one I had it says its pvc free and feels totally different

The line came with a tube of wizzlube which is good but your fingers stay coated in the stuff to the point its hard to tie your flies on lol

Top 3 1/2lb
    Middle 3lb
    Bottom 2 1/2lb

Ivan

Fishing is eternal optimism!!!

Got mine yesterday as well WF 6. its on the spare spool now. Also got some lube-it looks a bit kinky in the black plastic bottle/container.
    Mick.
    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Your not wrong Mick
      Ivan

Comment

Nice trainer mate lol well done 3 nice fish mate.
        Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Cheers Eddie its so I can run round the water faster to hit the rises
          Ivan

Comment

OH AYE!! I,m a size 8 just so you can see how big the fish are
            Ivan

Comment

I had something to say about the old Airflo(p) lines before and it appears they've got their act together now by many accounts. Glad you've found a good line Iva, it can be a bit of a lottery and they're generally not cheap. A lot of fly anglers refuse to give them a second chance due to the crapness of there lines previously though.

Alternatively the Snowbee XS lines a while back had a great reputation, I bought one and it's been great although the tip's started sinking a bit sharp but it's ancient now. There are a few bad reports around at the moment about how these lines have taken a sharp dip in quality, some say bad batch, others say change in manufacturing standards etc. I suppose the message is things change, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worst.

I'd never buy a Hardy line though - bad reputation and silly price, like there bags - £150 for a dirty yellow haversack

Do like their waders though- got a tip top deal from Grommit on the discontinued line, look like Ian Botham now and can spey cast better than him after 4 hours practice

Check out The Pitsford Pirate for good deals on fly lines

Big fat fish there m8 N1.
              Last edited by Charlie_Thompson; 06-05-2009, 10:20 PM.
              "I mock thee not, though I by thee am mockéd.
              Thou call'st me madman, but I call thee blockhead"

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Thompson View Post
                Ive had a few PP lines and you cant wack them for the cash, easily as good as some of the more expensive lines out there. Ive also had issues with the XS lines, great casting line but Ive found they just dont last.

Greys platinum floaters and Airflo sinkers work for me

Comment

I had something to say about the old Airflo(p) lines before and it appears they've got their act together now by many accounts. Glad you've found a good line Iva, it can be a bit of a lottery and they're generally not cheap. A lot of fly anglers refuse to give them a second chance due to the crapness of there lines previously though.

Alternatively the Snowbee XS lines a while back had a great reputation, I bought one and it's been great although the tip's started sinking a bit sharp but it's ancient now. There are a few bad reports around at the moment about how these lines have taken a sharp dip in quality, some say bad batch, others say change in manufacturing standards etc. I suppose the message is things change, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worst.

I'd never buy a Hardy line though - bad reputation and silly price, like there bags - £150 for a dirty yellow haversack:made

Do like their waders though- got a tip top deal from Grommit on the discontinued line, look like Ian Botham now and can spey cast better than him after 4 hours practice

Aye, well,

'Hardy' are a lot like 'Barbour' and another few companies I could name, where you pay around 60% of the products value for the 'By Royal Appointment' label.

Comment

Got a letter off the trout mag today apologising if free gifts had not arrived. They have been overwhelmed by the reponse. This does not surprise me. The cost of the line and lube is almost equal to the cost of a years magazines.
                    Mick.
                    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

I'd never buy a Hardy line though - bad reputation and silly price, like there bags - £150 for a dirty yellow haversack

To be honest charlie I wouldn't have tried airflow again had it not been for free with the trout fisherman subs but pleased I did it makes up for the forty quid originally
                      Ivan

Comment

Charlie_T, does this mean you`ve now installed trout tanks at the stern and play cast and catch from the bow ........ all in the safety of the marina?
                        ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                        . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                        ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X