Finchal Abbey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finchal Abbey

I'm at a meeting tomorrow near Finchal Abbey which should finish early enough to allow me to have a crack at the river there. I had a look down last year but didn't have a fish. I know it's late but if anyone's got any info on tactics or hotspots it would be much appreciated. It's only a mile long beat but you can get a season ticket for Ł38 which seems decent value, it's a beautiful bit of The Wear as well. Unless there's nee fish and I get the feeling it may be a bit full of paddlers in Summer. Can anyone help?

TIA
    "I mock thee not, though I by thee am mockéd.
    Thou call'st me madman, but I call thee blockhead"

Charlie remember as a kid we camped in the field near the river. That was over 30 plus years ago.
    Mick.
    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

i do know that in the summer you get loads of people camping up that way and the kids playing in the river.
      FIND THE ROCKS AND KELP AND YOU WILL FIND ME

http://www.freewebs.com/jc-tiling-services/

Comment

Had a couple of hours down tonight, difficult wading and access to the water. Not a sniff but there's fish there - saw a young lad catch a muckle brownie on worm must have been over 2 lbs Cracker of a fish. It was his first time there as well. His mate was fishing the fly but had no joy.
        "I mock thee not, though I by thee am mockéd.
        Thou call'st me madman, but I call thee blockhead"

Comment

The only fish in that area are two pound and over,Since the Cormorants and Goosanders ate everything smaller.
          The river between Finchale and Durham has been hammered by them over the last 15 years.
          Plus the the hatches of fly, IE,Olives and Blue duns have dissapeared.
          I fished the Low grange last year for the first time in 5 years and its dead,Compaired to what it used to be....

Comment

Working...
          X