Using two rods.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using two rods.

Next time out i was thinking of taking take two set ups. The vipor 6wf is going to have the floating line rig on it.
    The Greys is going to be rigged up with intermediate.
    Not tried this angle but i suppose its easier than swopping over all of the time.
    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Originally posted by mick dunn View Post
    Next time out i was thinking of taking take two set ups. The vipor 6wf is going to have the floating line rig on it.
    The Greys is going to be rigged up with intermediate.
    Not tried this angle but i suppose its easier than swopping over all of the time.

definately easier Mick mate, few of my mates take 2 rods, pull 1 in cast the other straight out,as you say it saves changing reels or spools over
    FIND THE ROCKS AND KELP AND YOU WILL FIND ME

http://www.freewebs.com/jc-tiling-services/

Comment

A bit illegal I think mick on many rivers and stillwaters. Could be wrong like

Changing spools (Line), leader and tippet is the way to go I believe - one rod one licence
      Last edited by Charlie_Thompson; 08-05-2009, 11:29 PM.
      "I mock thee not, though I by thee am mockéd.
      Thou call'st me madman, but I call thee blockhead"

Comment

And of course - One Love, One Love let's get together and etc ........

Comment

In my experience carrying 2 is ok, but only one can be used a ta time, which seems a bit obvious, certainly thems the rules on the wear up here
          ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
          Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Originally posted by mark View Post
            In my experience carrying 2 is ok, but only one can be used a ta time, which seems a bit obvious, certainly thems the rules on the wear up here
            You could be right there jimmy and skipper

I'm trying to travel light these days. Left me fleece in the car on Thursday as it would impede my ability to fall over rocks. Froze my tits off. Fleece will go back in the bag next time out.

Comment

Two Rods

You will find that many organisations will not allow two rods to be assembled at the same time on their water.

We, at North West Durham Angling Association (Waskerley) only allow one rod to be 'assembled' at a time. This is to prevent anglers casting a worm out on their bait rod and fly-fishing simultaneously.

Drof

Comment

I can see the point there drof.
                I have seen people up at the Derwent with two rods. To fish both together you need two permits.
                If you are only fishing with one its not an issue. Saying that the guys in charge know me up there.
                Going to try it tomorrow really just to compare me old outfit with my new one. I don,t know why but the old outfit defo felt better. Think it was just the lightness of it all.
                On the down side its more shi-- to lump around. And travelling light is a real bunus as i move around a lot now.
                Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

seen quite a few guys up sharpley with 2 rods BUT only fishing 1 rod at any given time, i think its just that if they are using say for instance floating line and fancy changing to sinking, its just a case of reeling in the floating, then cast out the sinking line.But i dont know if you would be allowed to fish 2 rods, but personally i dont think so.I think the 1 rod per licence applies only to rivers/streams but i could and probably am wrong

Comment

your licence only covers the one rod mate ive had the same problem luckly for me the warden didnt fine me he just gave me a warning
                    keep kids off the streets, give them a rod.

Comment

the thing is your only using one rod at a time the other one is lying on ground doing nowt.
                      Goal for 2012 a 30lber
                      http://www.bullrushlake.com/

Comment

Unless things have changed this year the rod licence covers 2 rods ...certainly for course fishing and I am not aware of a difference for trout.(see last paragraph , I was wrong)

The carp guys can fish two rods but need a second licence for a third rod.

I have no doubt that individual venues have their own rules as to how many you can have set up but once again there is no EA rule saying you can not have half a dozen rods setup behind you, which is a very common practice when coarse fishing, particularly in matches.

The opening paragraph here

Environment Agency - Buy your rod licence online

sums it up.

BUT then you go on to the FAQ and it states

How many rods does a rod licence entitle me to use?

A rod licence entitles you to fish with up to two rods and line at the same time for coarse fish and eels, but with only one rod and line for trout, sea trout, char and salmon. Always check club rules and local byelaws regarding the rod limit on the water you intend to fish.

Additional licences are required if you fish with more rods, where byelaws and rules permit.
                        cheers
                        Dave
                        Save our Sharks Member
                        SACN NE Regional Co-Ordinator
                        NSFC RSA representative

Comment

Mostly you can have 2 rods assembled with reels attached, as long as the line on 1 rod is not passed through the eyes ready to fish, it just depends on the rules of the fishery. There is nothing better than having three spools for each reel , even if it's a rimfly, at least you can move around with not too much kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Topfly View Post
                            Mostly you can have 2 rods assembled with reels attached, as long as the line on 1 rod is not passed through the eyes ready to fish, it just depends on the rules of the fishery. There is nothing better than having three spools for each reel , even if it's a rimfly, at least you can move around with not too much kit.

cheers for the info mate,appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by davem2005 View Post
                              Unless things have changed this year the rod licence covers 2 rods ...certainly for course fishing and I am not aware of a difference for trout.(see last paragraph , I was wrong)

The carp guys can fish two rods but need a second licence for a third rod.

I have no doubt that individual venues have their own rules as to how many you can have set up but once again there is no EA rule saying you can not have half a dozen rods setup behind you, which is a very common practice when coarse fishing, particularly in matches.

The opening paragraph here

Environment Agency - Buy your rod licence online

sums it up.

BUT then you go on to the FAQ and it states

cheers
                              Dave
                              Dave,
                              I think the emphasis there, is on USING only 1 rod, but not how many you may actually have with you at any given time.It was told to me a few years ago by a mate who was/is a bailiff up at the river wansbeck that you were required to have 1 licence per rod.

Comment

Working...
                              X