Sharpley 8-5-09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharpley 8-5-09

Headed down to sharpley this afternoon to meet Paul (capt cod) and Shaun for 1.30 pm,well me and paul went off to the lakes for a bit fishing while Shaun decided to stay in the lodge for another Coffee. we tried all kinds of flies and lures for the first 2-3 hours with nothing to show for it, Paul decides to leave me and head to the big lake, Then Shaun put in an appearance, 3 rd cast a trout of about 2lb, i joined paul after 45 mins or so, still nowt doing for us.
    Well i heads to another lake and Shaun joins me, not much happening, a few takes for both of us but no one connecting.Paul joined us after 1/2 hr or so, so all 3 of us fishing the lake now, Shauns in again, whup i`m in now, 2-1-0 to Shaun, i`m in again 2-2-0, Shauns in again, 3-2-0. Shaun heads to the lodge for a coffee and his sarnies, bang my rod goes again 3-3-0, bang i am in again 3-4-0 to me,Shaun comes back, i says to the lads 10 more mins then i am away, bang another one for me. So i left the lads about 7-20. With the scores as i left me 5, Shaun 3, Paul 0.
    Hope they had more luck after i left. Casting was a bit of a nightmare due to the high winds, thought it was just me and Paul to begin with but then everyone we spoke to said exactly the same.Anyway heres a few photos taken today

only got 1 Pic of Shaun with a fish
    FIND THE ROCKS AND KELP AND YOU WILL FIND ME

http://www.freewebs.com/jc-tiling-services/

Well done Jimmy looks like some nice fish there. I have yet to fish a fishery site. I keep going back to the Derwent-it reminds me of the sea with it being so open. And its only 4 mile away from my front door.
    We have Knitsley Mill which is only about 2 miles away and one of these days i,ll have a look in on a sporting ticket.
    Mick.
    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Originally posted by mick dunn View Post
      Well done Jimmy looks like some nice fish there. I have yet to fish a fishery site. I keep going back to the Derwent-it reminds me of the sea with it being so open. And its only 4 mile away from my front door.
      We have Knitsley Mill which is only about 2 miles away and one of these days i,ll have a look in on a sporting ticket.
      Mick.

its the only fishery i have been to Mick apart from Fox Ponds, which i think is basically a small stocked lake for 1st timers so to speak.Knitsley is up consett way is it, the only other lake i know is Jubilee, however i do know a few names such as higham, caistron, but i just got to find them yet. Cheers for the reply Mick mate

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy View Post
        its the only fishery i have been to Mick apart from Fox Ponds, which i think is basically a small stocked lake for 1st timers so to speak.Knitsley is up consett way is it, the only other lake i know is Jubilee, however i do know a few names such as higham, caistron, but i just got to find them yet. Cheers for the reply Mick mate
        Good one Jimmy nice catch m8. Higham lakes are just through ponteland heading towards belsay comming from ponteland its on the left hand side green sign. Theres also Witton Castle lakes dead easy to get info on the net for that one its just outside Crook witton le wear Lovely water in the summer beutiful surroundings.
        Ivan

Fishing is eternal optimism!!!

Comment

well done mate nice fish
          keep kids off the streets, give them a rod.

Comment

well done mate, i went on saturday, the wind was horrible, made casting super super difficult, still managed to get a 2 lbs rainbow and a pund brown, faught more than a rainbow twice its size, bloodworm was the key with black fritz enducing takes but no joy.

next time it'll be an evening sesh hopefully for a rise!!!

cheers........tom
            gettin a rod for wor lass, should be a good swap!

Comment

Good report Jimmy, well done on getting a few out in those conditions.

Comment

Cheers for the replies lads, just starting to get the basics right now i think, might try a different lake next week, was thinking of jubilee but i have been told that there is so many silly rules like, no handling your fish, no photos, you have to pay by the lb for a kill, etc.Not sure if what i have been told is true or not though, maybe someone on here can verify or discount what i have been told.
                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X