Derwent 10/05/2009.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derwent 10/05/2009.

Hello lads went up after dinner today. North Shore. It was a good place to go. Got three nice rainbows all about 1 1/2 lb - 2 lb.Used cats whickers on an intermediate.
    Took the spare rod and set up 12 foot leader with two droppers. Used various flys and did not have a sniff-tell a lie one shy pull.
    4 fish was my bag so at 6pm decided to go round the bay of plenty---or should i say empty. Walked right round the bay towards the Sailing club but wind in my face. Ended up in the sun on the far inner part of the bay. Nowt here at all. Used various methods-whiskers, fritz, daddies, buzzers all to no avail should have stayed on the North Shore.
    When i was at the North Shore parked near the farm rather than the dam wall to avoid the walkers--but saw one young lad (tit) let his terrior dog chase the sheep. I had words but young and thick.
    All in all a good day-feel much better with the half day sesh 2:30pm till 9pm.
    Oh my Diawa neoprene waders fairly let the water in today. My right leg was soaking. The waders have always been a bit shi--. So i,m on the lookout for some more.
    Mick.
    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Nice report Mick mate, at least you were rewarded for your patience today, well done.You need to get some pics taken on ya camera or phone and upload them.So what do you think of ya new SK3 then? in comparison to your starter kit i mean
    FIND THE ROCKS AND KELP AND YOU WILL FIND ME

http://www.freewebs.com/jc-tiling-services/

Comment

Nice one Mick good report and pleased you got some sport in as well
      Ivan

Fishing is eternal optimism!!!

Comment

Jimmy i bought the Greys 7-8 wf. Its ok but nowt flash. To be honest i like the cheaper Lureflash better. Still the 7-8 is a stronger rod and as time goes on i will probs use this more. Think the sk3 would have been like having another vipor.
        Next time up i,ll take the camera and put a few shots up.
        Mick.

Comment

AFTM Weights

Wheyaye, Mick,

I used to always use an AFTM 8wt. rod with weight forward No 8 line. but started getting severe 'Tennis Elbow'.

Quack said it was really common among fly fishermen so I used to use one of those tubular bandages doubled or even trebled to support the elbow. Which really did work.

However I spoke to another Doctor who also fished the fly (and there's a canny few of them aboot) and he advised that I scale it doon to a No. 6 rod. Wheyman aa've nivva looked back.

Aa can hoy it aall day with nee strapping without a twinge AND there's no loss of distance, plus the 'presentation's ' a bit mair delicate.

Might be worth thinkin' aboot when ye get owld and achy!

Tight lines,

Drof

Comment

so have you christened the greys yet then mick or did you catch using your viper?
            stop what ya deein and.........

PB : cod 9lb 2oz Lynemouth Dec 10'

Comment

Mick you say a half day sesh from 2:30pm to 9pm? I was told that fishing was until 7:30pm?

If I had known that I would have gone up late this afternoon.

Comment

fishing at dewent is from 8am til 9pm or sunset (whichever is sooner) that credit crunch ticket is great value imo
                stop what ya deein and.........

PB : cod 9lb 2oz Lynemouth Dec 10'

Comment

Its supposed to be set times which are by the door at the lodge and i always abide by the rules---------
                  In the dead of summer its sunset-seen me up there till well after 10pm. Great stuff cos most people have gone and its the best time you can see fish rising left right and centre.
                  As to the rods the greys caught all the fish but i would have caught them on the vipor with a big leader. i only used the vipor with the wet flies and buzzers on a floating line with pimp then later with hoppers and daddies.
                  Probs a bit to early for surface feeding did not see much coming up at all.

Comment

Working...
                  X