Derwent 14/5/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derwent 14/5/09

Went up at noon today for a bit of sport. With the wind blowing from the east I thought the fishing might have taken a hit however I was wrong in that thought. Decided to fish off the point of Millshield across the opening of the Bay of Plenty. Guys all around me were catching one guy had his 8, another had his 8 and put 8 back. I thought I was in for some cracking sport. I managed to land 3 (around the 2pound mark), lose 1 and had about 6 pulls in the 2 and a half hours I was there. Shame I couldn't have stayed longer however my wrist was starting to hurt throwing my line into/across the wind with my cortland gr4 (soft action rod). I finaly got my Cortland ProCast today as a replacement as the GR4 had a fault. It seems to have a much faster action. Can't wait to try it out tomm! Anyone else got a ProCast? What do you think of it?

Cheers

Andy

Well done Andy-as i recall it was not a bad day on Thurs. Some sun about. As to the rods i do not know what a Cortland GR4 is. But best of luck with the new rod.
    Mick.
    ps i like the spot you were at-its only a short walk from the motor. Where the guys using black fritz/whiskers.

just had a look-seem canny rods.
    Cortland GR4 Fly Rods - 20-30% off UK RRP on all fly fishing Rods
    Last edited by mick dunn; 15-05-2009, 08:20 PM. Reason: Googled Cortland rods.
    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

They were catching on either nomads slow retrieve or tradtional wets. One guy was fishing a black with green nomad on the point with a dropper 3 foot along with a piece of cork on the hook.

He said it holds the fly at no more than 3 foot down. Hes a season ticket holder and reckons it works really well. He had bagged up using this rig.

Comment

Andy one of these days i,ll figure the game out.
        Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Working...
        X