caistron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caistron

i'm fishing caistron after work on tuesday, will get there for about 5.30, any tips or advice folks? never fished this venue before but looks great Caistron Trout Fishery - Welcome to Caistron Trout Fishery - fishing lake northumberland

cheers for ya help............tom

p.s. does anyone know what happened to john from frasiers in whitley? the lads in the shop didn't want to talk about it! was he fired?
    gettin a rod for wor lass, should be a good swap!

Best of luck Tom. Never fished it but looks really good. I,ve kept it in my favourites for a visit one day. Let us know how you get on mate-prices etc.

Mick.
    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

haven't fished it since last summer tom but dries/emergers and buzzers have worked well for me the last few times up there. fave spot was straight across the water from the boat jetty, about 20 yards off the reed bed (you cant miss it) and drop ya flies as close as you dare had a great couple of sesh's in that spot. from the bank you can 'just about' fish the same spot but its a canny hike around and you 'll need a good line out. good luck mate

dicky
      stop what ya deein and.........

PB : cod 9lb 2oz Lynemouth Dec 10'

Comment

Have you booked a boat Tom? it will be worth it as there are a couple of spots that you can't reach from the bank.
        Try the spot mentioned on the previous post as quite a few of the fish are holed up near the margins, most fly's/lures do the trick but if fish are showing/topping try a cdc, shipmans, small black fly's fished with a floating line.

Best of luck, hope you have a good day.

seddo

Comment

cheers lads, i'll give 'em a ring at bait time and get one booked, i'll let yous know how it goes

cheers......tom

Comment

Boats look cheap enough to hire.
            Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

aye, got a boat and paid for me ticket, the lake and surroundings were lovely and the weather was great, as i was tooling up another bloke rowed ashore telling of a bumper catch including and 8lbser, well done that man and i was feeling confident, pity the fish weren't feeling the same, blanked, had only one tug, nay gentle pluck, fished all the likely lookin spots under trees, in bays, at reeds etc. and then dropped anchor in the middle and still nothing, bloke said all his catches were earlier on so next time i'll go earlier, he was biggin up the montanas and orange buzzers!

great place tho, no one was about to ask about fly fishing in the worm lake and worming out of the boats and what not, so if anyone knows.......ta!

................tom

Comment

unlucky on not catching mate, but well done for giving it a go, better luck to you for next time
                FIND THE ROCKS AND KELP AND YOU WILL FIND ME

http://www.freewebs.com/jc-tiling-services/

Comment

Working...
                X