scoop nets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scoop nets

Bought one of these off flea bay. Shakespear £4. It got an elastic lanyard on the handle.
    Saw other lads using these. Are they attached to your belt-or do you put it round you neck back to front and whip it off when you hook a fish when wading ?.
    They are as light as a feather and its got to be better than fannying on trying to get your net off the bank when a fish is fighting.
    If sh--e i am getting a waistcoat on Tues with a d-ring on the back so i will buy a net which sits on my back with a folding handle. Saw a nice one in River Deep Mountain High shop today for £20.
    Mick.
    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

i've got a small scoop net with the elastic as well mick. i loop the elastic around me wading belt and the net just hangs down by my side. nice and handy but a pain the a**e when ya trudgin along the bank. also got a canny net that clips on to my waist coat via a d-ring, again dead handy and out of the way, but as soon as i've used it it goes on the bank anyway, otherwise you put it back on ya back and get soaked and covered in honky fish slime etc yu cannit win mate
    stop what ya deein and.........

PB : cod 9lb 2oz Lynemouth Dec 10'

Comment

I use a Sharpes folding net that hangs off a d ring on the back of my wading jacket, also take a wading staff to unfamiliar rivers which has a lanyard on that loops over your head. My snips and gink are on another thing that goes round my neck and my shades have peeper keepers on which also go rund the neckbone. Surprised I haven't hung meself yet - been close a few times
      "I mock thee not, though I by thee am mockéd.
      Thou call'st me madman, but I call thee blockhead"

Comment

At the minute I'm using a 'Stonefly' Pan net. Small and very handy for catch and release, plus, the handle unscrews to turn into a handy priest.

There's a clip on the handle/priest which you can attach to any 'D' ring or belt. A really useful and compact piece of kit.

Recommended retail price £29.99 currently available from 'Yorkshire Game Amgling' at £15.99.

Tight lines,

Drof.

Comment

''Surprised I haven't hung meself yet - been close a few times''

lol
          stop what ya deein and.........

PB : cod 9lb 2oz Lynemouth Dec 10'

Comment

Working...
          X