Derwent 16/05/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derwent 16/05/09

Went up today for a full session. Got there for 7am and there was virtually no wind, I thought this would be great, however by the time the shop openened for tickets the wind was starting up.

Went round and fished the point of millshield and the guy next to me was hammering the fish on the bibio. It was literally a fish a cast. I only got a tiny little brownie and after 3 hours I was fed up of the wind.

Went off for a brew at a mates in consett and came back at at 3pm and fished the north shore. It was so windy now I couldnt really wade out as the waves were so high. On went the intermediate with the old faithful black and green montana, within 3 casts I had my fist first rainbow a nice little 2 pounder. Continued for another 30 mins before the hail stones arrived and I had lost another 2 and had loads of knocks. Will definately fish the north shore again on my next visit. Oh and the new Cortland Procast is a lovely rod to fish with. Would recommend them to anyone. It coped quite well with the strong winds.
    Last edited by andydurham; 19-05-2009, 07:01 PM.

HAILSTONES theres no fun in that Andy-its like cod fishing off steetly.
    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Working...
    X