big day tha mora

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big day tha mora

off to stocks reservoir lancs for the fire service national fly fishing champs tha mora (wed) geet excited, its fishing well by all accounts, and know i won't sleep tha neet. 2 of the lads have gone today for a bit practice this arvo, while 3 of us leave early in the mornin and will be relying on them 2 to pick us the right set up. we finished 12th of 65 last year at our first attempt so an improvement would be great. 'come on ee tyne and wear f & r s' wish us luck and will post our report tha mora neet...................

dicky
    stop what ya deein and.........

PB : cod 9lb 2oz Lynemouth Dec 10'

Wheyaye Bonny Lad,

Show the Bu--ers the way hyem!

Tight lines,

Drof

Comment

Tight lines Richard, aaaall the best

Comment

Best of luck Dicky. My twin brother is in the Brigade down at Hartlepool. He,s based at the station near seal sands on the way to the transporter. Only got a couple of years to go.
        Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

all the best for the contest tomorrow,show them what you can do
          I'M NOT FAT ITS JUST THAT I HAVE A SLIPPED CHEST

Comment

good luck minty, fish ya c**t oot son!
            gettin a rod for wor lass, should be a good swap!

Comment

best of luck mate, but abopve all else have a great time of it
              FIND THE ROCKS AND KELP AND YOU WILL FIND ME

http://www.freewebs.com/jc-tiling-services/

Comment

how did it go?

Comment

best of luck mate
                  keep kids off the streets, give them a rod.

Comment

whey, at last. late back from lancs the night of the comp and flew to cyprus early wed() so didn't get chance........
                    anyway, had a super day. didn't catch many fish, wind in my face all day(luck of the drawer) forgot me sarnies and flask (left in me car at swalwell), won nowt, but a super day all the same.

60 of the finest fly fishing fireman from as far afield as devon, the highlands and n. ireland turnd out. pairs comp, we put 2 tyne and wear teams out and a mixed team (only 5 of us could get so one of the boys fished with a manc lad). tossed up with me partner and got 'difficult' bank, stong wind on me right shoulder all day (but i figured this is where them fishies would be)

on me first peg before the hooter i got talking to a chap next to me, Len Childs, a retired member from the london brigade. thoroughly nice chap. turns out he's a former england fly fishing captain. i put the bite on him for a few tips, he laughed, and said 'don't go in the water, they're at your feet mate'.

anyway the hooter goes and we start fishing. i had just flicked me fly on the water to pull some line out and 'bang', but missed it, couldn't beleive it, i was only a rod length out. anyway got cast out about 10 yards tops (back to the water casting with the wind like) started my retreive and yep, were in, nice rainbow of 3lb and i'd only fished for 20 seconds looks to my left and lens in aswell! got my second about 2 casts later, another bow of just under 2lb. i continued to get pulls and nips for the remainder on that peg and to be honest should have bagged up just couldn't connect. lad on my right had nowt, lad on lens left had nowt (think len had 4!) everyone else plodged straight out into the water on the hooter and put the fish out too far i think. (moral of the story:- next time an apparent owld duffer gives you a bit advice........cheers len)

any way, that was basically it for my day, fished another 5 or 6 pegs in total throughout the day without any more joy. odd knocks and nibbles but nowt hooked. wasn't much caught at all in or around me, only the odd one caught at distance. tha woz lads casting 'backhand' into the teeth of the gale further than i could cast normally with a tail wind quite impressive.
                    anyway end of the day met me partner and he too managed a couple (for about 6lb, well done carl) early doors then nowt.
                    winners were one of the london teams with wait for it....17() fish for about 35lb, then the jocks with 12 i think for about 25lb.
                    we had 4 for just shy of 11lb (top t&w team i hasten to add).
                    haven't seen the full results yet but we were hoping to roughly equal last years finish of 12th, will let you all know soon as i know me self.
                    there were also 2 stonking doubles caught, rainbow of just over 11lb and a super brownie of just under 11lb (winners and third place taking them)

crackin day all the same (and i was gettin paid) and on me hols the next day, class. tuna fishin in cyprus.................................put me report up when i get a mo
                    Last edited by dicky mint; 04-06-2009, 08:14 PM. Reason: wrong results
                    stop what ya deein and.........

PB : cod 9lb 2oz Lynemouth Dec 10'

Comment

excellent report mate, well done for coaxing a couple out, sounds a sweet day, alot of firemen must flyfish, not so many joiners do!

Comment

Working...
                      X