Tunstall reservoir 19/5/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tunstall reservoir 19/5/09

Fished Tunstall today. Hired a boat but a bit windy - drifting too fast. Fished on the boat from 0800 to 1530, finished up with two rainbows and a blue all about 2 lb. Fished the bank next to the dam for a couple of hours and had another rainbow. The fish were all in excellent condition and gave a good account of themselves when hooked. Several fish caught from the bank but difficult conditions due to the wind.
    Will defo fish again at this venue.

Well done mate sounds like ya had a canny sesh that wind
    is a pain in the a***
    Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Well done on the fish-never been on a boat for trout. read in this weeks trout mag those seat things with back rests are good. I won,t be buying a one though.
      Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Tunstall

Aye, it's a great little lake and one of the bonniest in the area.

Used to be a member down there.

Getting on towards the end of this month, there's usually a good hatch of Mayfly down on the nature reserve and the sport can be frantic on nymphs and dries.

It's not a 'Reservoir' any more, ye knaa. Apparently the water-treatment facilities and filter beds don't meet with E.E.C. standards so the watta's not allowed to be used for human consumption.

So there's not the 'Draw-Off' that other reservoirs suffer, therefore the ownly thing that determines the depth is the weather.

Tight Lines,

Drof.

Comment

You learn something new everyday.

I fished there a couple of weeks ago and the wind was terrible. Only managed to lose one fish and have 2 knocks. Good to hear you had some good sport.

Comment

Try a drougue.

The wind can be a real pain in the neck when youre in a boat!
            Have you tried using a drougue? I use one all the time on the lochs when pike lure fishing and it makes a huge difference.
            They're not expensive you should be able to pick one up for about 15 quid.

Comment

Working...
            X