This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re support your local tackle shop.

Not being in the enviable position of possessing a credit card to pay online for gear - my wife deals with the finance otherwise i would have my own fishing shop in my garage - i printed off one of the offers from Gary Evans and went into Lewis' (used to be frasers in Whitley Bay) and asked if they could price match it.

The lad pointed out that a lot of the offers are for old discontinued kit but searched the Scierra catalogue and came up with an equally good set up of the new model for what was a cracking price.

Other members are right, if you are polite and explain what you want you can get an equally good or soemtimes better deal from your local shop without the hasle of waiting and paying for deliveries.

Comment

I have been a customer in Ian`s shop for about 2 years now and have always received excellent service. The only reason that I commented on the refusal of the discount was because I had only recently been made aware of the fact I could get a discount for being a NESA member, so I was a bit shocked when I was told that unless I could prove membership I couldn`t get the discount. I could quite see the shop assistants point of view that anyone could say they were a club member just to get some money off and that was why I was wondering if there was some sort of membership card that I could show on future occasions.
      I have received a message from Ian apologising on behalf of his staff member and I have sent a reply apologising to Ian if I have caused him any embarrassment for having put the shops good name in a bad light.
      I will most certainly be using his shop again....

Comment

Originally posted by Kentish Bassman View Post
        I have been a customer in Ian`s shop for about 2 years now and have always received excellent service. The only reason that I commented on the refusal of the discount was because I had only recently been made aware of the fact I could get a discount for being a NESA member, so I was a bit shocked when I was told that unless I could prove membership I couldn`t get the discount. I could quite see the shop assistants point of view that anyone could say they were a club member just to get some money off and that was why I was wondering if there was some sort of membership card that I could show on future occasions.
        I have received a message from Ian apologising on behalf of his staff member and I have sent a reply apologising to Ian if I have caused him any embarrassment for having put the shops good name in a bad light.
        I will most certainly be using his shop again....

Problem now sorted then mate, its good when a problem can be sorted amicabally, actually i have used Ians shop a few times when i am up that way, never asked for discount, but always had really good polite service from his staff.
        FIND THE ROCKS AND KELP AND YOU WILL FIND ME

http://www.freewebs.com/jc-tiling-services/

Comment

Originally posted by Grommit View Post
          Drof

I am the owner of the Morpeth company and our customer service is second to none as our customers will testify. If you look on here and many other forums you will hear that we have excellent customer service. Also look on our website and eBay shop to see the level of customer service we provide. Have you ever used us? Have you ever been in the shop? Before you unjustifiably start pulling peoples livelihoods and businesses to pieces, try doing a bit of research first

Kentish Bashman

All you have to do is mention your username to the member of staff. You dont need to log onto the website to prove you are a member. We get quite a few NESA members (and other forum members) in the shop and thats all they do. If you can PM me with details of the member of staff I will take the necessary action. Also PM me your address and I will pop something in the post for you

Best Wishes
          Ian Woods
          Managing Director
          Game Fishing Supplies Ltd
          Just arrived back from a spell abroad so I have been unable to reply before now.

You say that my comments were 'unjustified' : How so?

I merely took the statement from a fellow angler at face value and, having no reason to doubt his integrity, commented on his negative experience.

You maintain that the situation was initiated by a member of your staff who acted 'in error' and that you have now resolved the situation - Well done.

BUT that really is no reason to 'have a go' at me, I'm not responsible for the shortcomings of your staff.

Cheers,

Drof.

Comment

Your comments were unjustified as you know nothing about me or about my business but you were very quick to cast assumptions on the economic future of my business.

It is alright for you to cast doubt in the economic future of my business and our 'shortcomings' in a public forum but you object when I defend my company. The old saying rings true, if you put your head above the parapit, expect to get it shot at.

You didnt just comment on the negative experience, one that has been very amicably put right, you made unfounded, damaging assumptions on my business. I quote

Originally posted by drof46
            The fact that that the 'Morpeth' company which you mentioned, will not, doesn't bode well for their economic future especially when their shortcomings have been published on sites such as this
            You didnt honestly expect me to ignore a comment like that about my company that I have worked hard to build?

You are right, you are not responsible for my staffs actions, I am and I have never said I wasnt. I have also never denied that a staff member made a mistake. I have traced the member of staff who did it and it was a new member of staff who was a little over zealous, for what he thought was the right reasons, and I have dealt with it accordingly. Must be great being perfect Drof and never making a mistake. I employ human beings and, as such, mistakes will happen from time to time. Thats what humans do. You never made a mistake at work?

If anyone has ever had poor service from any of my staff, I would ALWAYS want to hear about it as I will not accept substandard performance and I will hold my hands up if we have got it wrong, but I wont have potentially very damaging comments made about the economic viabilty or status of my business
            www.ian-woods.co.uk

Comment

Thing is Ian, your never likely to hear of any problems about your staff from members on here... cos this is the first one thats ever been heard!

I know a lot of chaps that use Ian's shop and never heard a bad word said from any of them

and mistake/error/problem or not, I for one wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, in fact if someone has had a problem, best thing you could do is get your self up there and talk to ian directly - guarantee you'll come a way a happy bunny
              ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
              Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Cheers Mark, thanks for the very kind words

Even I have been known to make the odd mistake (just the odd one mind ) but dont tell the staff that!!
                www.ian-woods.co.uk

Comment

Even I have been known to make the odd mistake (just the odd one mind ) but dont tell the staff that!!
                  Never......the kettle in the shop is always on and you even provide jaffa cakes......must have a run up soon
                  UKCC Level 2 Game Angling Coach

Comment

You must pottsy, havent seen you for yonks!!!

Let me know when you are coming up and I will get the jaffa cakes in. The proper ones to, real McVities ones!!

Last edited by Grommit; 05-06-2009, 08:25 PM.
                    www.ian-woods.co.uk

Comment

I called in a couple of months back when I was up in Morpeth at a meeting but you werent in at the time. Would have rang in advance to order the Jaffas but wasnt sure if the meeting would go on and on and on . Staff were great though and I got what I was after. Hope to see you soon Ian

Comment

no-one told me about jaffa cakes
                        ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
                        Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Thats because Pottsy had eaten them all!!!

www.ian-woods.co.uk

Comment

Thats because Pottsy had eaten them all!!!

must've been the twins

Comment

Fancy blaming the kids Ali!!

www.ian-woods.co.uk

Comment

Grommit,

You've missed the salient points in this issue.

These are that a member stated on this site that he had been denied the discount to which he was entitled.

I retorted that in this economic climate, any company who adopts that policy is likely to enjoy a bleak economic future : FACTS!

Everything else is hyperbole.

I appreciate your attempts to defend your company (not to do so would smack of 'Gerry Ratner') and I fully accept the 'staff error' explanation.

I also appreciate the threads of support from your loyal customers, you obviously have many of them and you don't build-up a retail base like that by providing poor service.

BUT! I suggest you refer back to the original entries and stick to the salient FACTS.

Drof

Comment

Working...
                                X