fontburn 21/5/9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fontburn 21/5/9

I'm off to fontburn in the next hour. I'll let you know how the day goes when i get back.

fontburn

Going up there this weekend - will be interested to see what's catching, have a good un'.

Comment

good luck mate fontburn has never failed me
      keep kids off the streets, give them a rod.

Comment

Well, it was a strange day. The weather changed every 5 mins, so it was red hot and sunny to pouring it with rain and very windy. I fished the north shore by the nature reserve.
        My mate caught 7, one of them was a very nice blue trout. All of his were caught on power bait and worm. In the morning they would only take yellow power bait, and in the evening it had to be the rainbow power bait.
        I caught 6, 5 of them on the fly. The takes were very soft and it was hard to set the hooks properly. I lost count how many came off during the fight. The 2 best flys for me were the dawsons olive and sandwich fly.
        Talking to others fishing, most people managed to get a few fish. The whole place became very quiet on the fish front from around 1pm till 5 pm.
        But not a bad day on the whole.

Comment

Sounds like a cracking day to me mate and a cracking catch all round.
          “There are them That Know, them That Don't Know and them That Don't Know They Don't Know "

Comment

well done lads sounds like ya's had a great day out.
            Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Working...
            X